Chapter 14

Kenzie's POV

"Kenzie let me in." Carter says.

I ignore him. I really don't want to see him right now, and I definitely don't want to talk to him.

"Kenzie please let me in." He says again.

I just stare at the door.

"Kenzie, I know you're in there. Please just open the door."

I let out a sigh, then I get up off the bed and walk over to the door. I wait a couple seconds, then I open the door slowly.

"Hey." Carter says.

I let him in and then I go over & sit back down on my bed.

"Hi." I say, crossing my legs and wrapping my arms around my waist.

Carter sits down next to me but I don't look at him.

"Kenzie, I know I shouldn't of done what I did. I'm sorry for saying all of those things, and making you upset. I know I overreacted to you running away. I want to keep you safe and that's why I ran after you. But I guess I just got so mad that you would run away from me, and that's why I did what I did. I know I hurt you today and I'm sorry Kenzie. I'm so sorry."

I look at him and I just start crying. Carter wraps his arms around me and I wrap my arms around him.

"Shh Kenzie." He says, rubbing my back slowly.

After a couple minutes, I think about asking Carter something. I pull away from him and I say, "Carter?".

"Yes?" He says looking at me.

"Can we do something?" I ask, looking at him.

"What do you mean?" He asks.

"Like can we go out somewhere & do something fun? Maybe you would have fun too, you never know." I say.

"If you want to, then I'll take you out tonight. Okay?"

"Okay!" I say.

"What should we do?" He says smiling.

"Umm I don't know. Can you think of anything fun?" I say.

"I think I might have an idea." Carter says.

"Ooo wait! Can we go mini golfing and do something else too? I always loved mini golfing when I was younger. I think it might be fun." I say.

"We can do whatever you want, Kenzie. I'm going to make this night about you. We'll do what you want and I want you to have fun. I'm so sorry that I haven't been good to you."

"Carter, we don't have to go mini golfing if you don't want to. We can do something else." I say.

"No, I want to take you mini golfing. I always loved it when I was little too. Be ready at 4, and we'll leave. We'll do other things too. After mini golfing, we'll be out most of the night & we'll get home late. Trust me, I think you'll have fun.

"Okay, I'll be ready." I say.

"I've to go take care of a couple things with the guys downstairs, are you okay being by yourself?"

"Yeah I'm fine." I say.

"Okay. Call downstairs if you need anything. Bye Kenzie."

"Bye Carter." I say.

Carter gets up from the bed and walks out of the room, shutting the door behind him.

I sit on my bed and just lay there thinking about things. I wonder if he really meant that he was sorry for hurting me. Sometimes he's really sweet and I think he's not such a bad person, but then he goes & hurts me, and I change my mind. He's not a good person and I have to remember that I'm just a girl he kidnapped. He could never possibly love me. He may be nice to me sometimes, but I know he's going to hurt me again at some point.

Maybe tonight will actually be fun.

()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()

Hey guys!!!!

Sorry I haven't updated in almost a week! I've been super busy with school & homework lately. And I haven't had time to really write this update. But I just finished it, so here it is :)

I hope you like it :)

Please VOTE and COMMENT :)

Thanks for reading :)

~Aimee

P.S.
I'll post Chapter 15 when I finish writing it :) Please be patient with me because I don't know when I will be able to update :)