Chapter 5: Part Two- I want to get out of here

Carter falls asleep behind me but I'm still awake. He moves his body away from mine and his arm is no longer around my waist.

I'm going to try to get out of here. I'll just run back to the room all my stuff is in, I'll get changed and I'll leave the house.

I slowly move the sheets off my body and I slowly get up, making sure to be quiet.

I see the time on the alarm clock, it's 3am.

I quietly walk towards the door and I slowly & quietly open it. I leave it open because I'm afraid if I close it, it will make noise. I tiptoe down the hallway to the room. I go into the room and I quickly change into yoga pants, and a sweater. I put on sneakers and I grab my purse. I leave the room and walk down the stairs.

The stairs make noise every time I step on them. Of course.

I get to the front door and I try to unlock it but there are chains & locks. It's confusing me so I try to find another way out. I'm so close to getting away from here.

There is a back door and I'm in the middle of unlocking it, when I hear a voice behind me & I turn around quickly.

"Where the fuck do you think you're going?" Carter says in a husky voice. I mean I just woke him up.

"Shit" I mumble under my breath.

In a couple seconds, Carter has me pressed up against the door. He's holding me a couple inches above the ground and his hands are around my neck. He's choking me. I hold onto his arms and try to get out of his grip but it's not working.

"Don't ever fucking try to escape again, or I will hurt you." Carter says darkly. I can't breathe.

"C-carter" I say, trying to breathe.

I try to say something through my gasps for breath. He's freaking choking me.
"I"

"C-can't"

"Breathe"

He lets go of my neck and I fall onto the ground. I reach up & hold onto my neck, trying to catch my breath.

"Get your ass up." Carter says.

I'm about to get up, but Carter just reaches down and grabs me. He pulls me up and drags me back upstairs to his room. He shoves me down on his bed and reaches into his nightstand for something. He pulls out a pair of handcuffs, and he handcuffs my one hand to the headboard.

"You're not going anywhere." Carter says climbing into bed next to me.

I start crying and Carter slaps my ass. "Shut the hell up."

I cry quietly for a while and I eventually cry myself to sleep.