Chapter 33-Night Out: Part 2

Kenzie's POV

When we get to the restaurant, Carter drives around the parking lot until he finds a place to park, then he turns his car off.

Before I can get out of the car, Carter is out of the car and he is opening my door for me.

I step out, saying a quiet "Thank you", then he wraps his arm around my waist and we walk up to the restaurant.

We walk in and I look around. It's so nice in here, like I personally couldn't afford to eat here.

"Hi, we have a reservation for 6:30."

"Alright, what's the name?"

"Carter."

"Okay here you are, let me just go check to make sure your table is ready. I'll be right back." The hostess says, then she walks away.

"This place looks like it's really expensive."

"It is. But I don't mind taking you out to a nice, fancy restaurant for dinner for your birthday."

"You really don't have to. You don't have to spend a lot of money with me, I would've been fine with a different restaurant. It didn't have to be this fancy."

"It's okay, I want to. You're my girl." He says, smiling at me.

My heart stops. Aw he's so sweet.

I blush a lot when he leans down and kisses my cheek quickly.

The hostess comes back and leads us to our table.

We look through our menus and our waiter comes to our table. He looks like he's about Carter's age.

He acts super flirty with me as we order our drinks & food.

He leaves our table and Carter starts going off on a rant.

Part of what he says is,
"...why the fucking hell was he being so flirty with you? Hello! I'm sitting right here. Back off you asshole, go be flirty with someone else. She's my fucking girl and I'm sitting right here. Don't fucking flirt with her..."

"Carter calm down. It's not like I was being flirty back. I ignored him Carter, I only love you."

"I know you do baby, it's just that guys look at you all the fucking time when I'm right there and it pisses me off. I'm sorry."

"It's okay Carter. You don't have to be sorry. I like when you're protective over me. But please don't get so mad about things like this. I ignore all those guys. The only guy I want to be with is you. Only you. You're the guy that has my heart, and I love you."

"I love you too baby."

Our waiter comes back with our food, and then he leaves.

We start eating our food and we talk the whole time that we're eating.

We finish eating, and Carter pays for our dinner, then we get up from our table and leave the restaurant.

Carter holds my hand as we walk out of the restaurant and to the car. He opens the door for me and I get in, then he closes my door and gets in the car himself.

He starts up the car and starts driving.

"Okay so now we'll go back to the house, get changed, and we'll go back out clubbing." He says.

"Okay." I say.

"Are you ready for tonight? I really hope you do drink this time. Have a little fun." He says.

"I'm ready. And I guess I'll drink this time." I say.

"Good. I could even pick your drinks for you." He says.