Chapter-13

Third Person's POV

Third Person's POV

As she scanned the room for a hiding spot. Just as she was about to duck behind a nearby pillar, Sarah's announcement about cutting the cake drew everyone's attention. Reluctantly, Muskan joined the group, standing beside Sarah, only to catch sight of Zayn among the attendees. Their eyes locked momentarily, sending a jolt of panic through Muskan's veins. In a split second decision, she hastily hid behind a man standing nearby, who happened to be Mazhar.

Mazhar, puzzled by Muskan's sudden behavior, turned to her with concern etched on his face. "Why are you hiding from that man? Did he do anything?" he asked, his worry evident in his voice.

Muskan's attention remained fixated on avoiding Zayn's gaze, causing her response to slip out inadvertently. "Yes-" she began, before realizing her mistake. Panic washed over her as she turned to Mazhar, who looked equally shocked by her admission, his eyes darting between Muskan and Zayn, trying to piece together the situation.

"What did he do? Is he bothering you?" Mazhar persisted, his concern growing as he observed Muskan's reaction.

Muskan shot him a glare, her annoyance palpable. "None of your business," she retorted, her tone laced with attitude as she redirected her attention towards Sarah.

"Why do you hate me so much?" Mazhar queried, turning to face Muskan directly.

Muskan turned to meet his gaze, her expression cool and composed. "What have you done to make me not hate you?" she countered, a sarcastic smile playing on her lips.

Mazhar's brows furrowed in confusion. "And what wrong have I done to receive this unnecessary hatred from you?" he pressed, folding his arms across his chest in a defensive gesture.

"Everything you do deserves hatred," Muskan asserted firmly, her tone leaving no room for argument.

Before Mazhar could respond, Sarah's voice interrupted their exchange, calling out Muskan's name. Ignoring the tension, Muskan swiftly made her way to Sarah, allowing herself to be fed cake by her friend.