Chapter 16

Third Person's POV

Third Person's POV

The vibrant sounds of laughter, clinking game booths, and the distant hum of carnival rides filled the air. The sun had dipped below the horizon, and the fairground lights cast a warm, inviting glow. Amidst the bustling crowd, Zayn stood outside the entrance gate, glancing at his watch. It was 7 p.m. exactly. Any minute now, Sarah would be here. He could feel a mix of excitement and nervousness building up inside him.

They had been planning this meeting for days. Finally, today was the day. However, Sarah had made it clear she wouldn't come alone. She insisted on bringing Muskan with her. Muskan, who seemed to be a perpetual third wheel, was the necessary condition for Sarah's attendance. Zayn sighed at the thought but knew there was no way around it.

As he stood there, shifting his weight from one foot to the other, a bus pulled up to the stop directly in front of him. His heart skipped a beat. "She's here," he whispered to himself. The bus doors hissed open, and passengers began to file out.

First, Muskan appeared, her bright, eager face scanning the crowd. Zayn watched intently as the rest of the passengers disembarked. Each person that stepped off heightened his anticipation. Finally, he saw her, but something was off. It was just Muskan, all alone. The bus pulled away, leaving Zayn staring in disbelief.

Muskan walked over, her steps small and hesitant. Zayn's confusion was evident. "Where's Sarah?" he asked, trying to mask his disappointment.

Muskan’s eyes widened with surprise. "What do you mean, where's Sarah? I should be the one asking you that question. Where is Sarah? She was supposed to come with you."

Zayn frowned. "Oh hello, you and Sarah were supposed to come together, not me and Sarah."

Muskan put her hands on her hips, exasperated. "Zayn, I came by bus so you guys could get some personal time. Did you leave her somewhere?"