Chapter 31 - Scarlett Will Understand

(Kyson's POV)

Ivan and Flynn were arrested by the New York Police Department.

I hated to see the paramedics helping that bleeding piece of shit, they should have just let him die for what he did to Scarlett. Unfortunately, he survived on his way to the hospital and will be handcuffed to a hospital bed until he gets well enough to walk into his jail cell.

I'm sure that they will be sent back to prison for good, especially considering they killed a helpless old lady.

Ivan's grandma, to be more specific.

She didn't even know him, and she allowed him and Flynn into her home.

They're sick and they deserve to rot in prison for as long as humanly possible.

Scarlett, Kenn, and the kids moved out of their house as quickly as they could. I helped as much as I could, but Scarlett ended up hiring movers to put their things in storage. She's moving in with Keema temporarily until she can find another house, one that I will buy for them.

One that has an iron gate, and a big one.

I want to make sure that my family is safe while I'm away in Los Angeles. I'm terrified to leave them but I have no choice.

I'll be back when I can.

I'm leaving in 72 hours and dying inside just thinking about how I'm going to have to break this news to Scarlett and the boys. Although, it's not like I want to leave. Scarlett was attacked by Ivan's goon, Flynn. She's banged up, and I hate to leave her in such a state. It's the same state I left her in when I left the first time when she was pregnant with twins.

Of course, I didn't know that at the time but still...

I promised her that I would always be there for her and the boys, and now I'm leaving.

It's not right and she's going to hate me, I know it. But I can't lose my career, if I do then what was the point of me leaving in the first place.

What was the point of missing my boys growing up?

I can't just give up.

I'll do what my management company says, and once my contract is up, then I'm quitting the UFC. I can't miss my boys growing up, and since they live in New York, that's where I want to be.

Fighting isn't the only outsourcing of income that I have. I have invested my money in various things; I've invested in new fighters, I have numerous endorsement deals with brands, and I invest in stocks. However, I've recently thought about investing in real estate and expanding my gym to different cities in New York.

I'll do anything that I need to do to keep my family together.

"So, have you told Scar that you're leaving soon?" Lanie asked me, Davina gave me a sympathetic look as I ducked my head.

I just got to Keema's house to visit everyone; Keema just stepped away to help Scarlett to the bathroom.

Scarlett is having a challenging time walking by herself considering Flynn bruised a few of her ribs when he attacked her. I'm only glad that he's not as sick as his partner in crime, he could have done much more damage to her than he did.

I know it's strange to look to the bright side of what happened, but there is a bright side, especially considering what has happened to her in the past.

I shook my head in shame before looking back up at both of them. "I haven't, I don't know how to. She's so broken right now; do you know how hard it is to even look at them?" I questioned them, not even needing a response. "I can't look into the eyes of my sons and tell them that daddy is leaving, and he doesn't know when he'll be back. I just can't."