Chapter 15 - Fine, Baby Daddy

(Kyson's POV)

Scarlett ended up accompanying me down to the gym with Lyle. I  decided to invite her because she is a female and I want to attract  females to this gym, not just males. So, I wanted her opinion on a few  things. She was happy to come, plus, it will give her something to do.

We ended up dropping the boys off at their daycare.

I disliked that idea of them going to daycare because I ultimately  don't trust anybody, but when I got inside I felt the genuine energy of  the workers and the place. The daycare was very clean, it had a lot of  toys for the boys to play with, even a huge jungle gym in the middle of  the floor.

I could see why the boys like this place so much.

Satisfied, I helped Scar check the boys in. They knew the front desk lady very well, and had a strong liking to her.

It was easier to leave them there after that, plus, Scarlett trust  them so I was okay. It's just that my life now taught me not to trust  everyone, and now I have two boys. I don't trust the world even more  than I did before. Not with them, they are so defenseless and innocent. I  would kill for them, just like I would for their mother.

"Why do you want me to come?" Scar asked, amused. "I don't think I'm necessary today."

I chuckled. "You are necessary everyday." I said, glancing over at  her to see her roll her eyes. "And you need a hefty distraction, so why  not invite you to help me and my team out."

"Your team?" My eyes now back on the road, I sensed confusion in her voice. "Who are you the FBI?"

She's funny.

"Shit, I should be." I chuckled as she looked over at me.

When we pulled up at the gym, she was surprised to see that I was  renovating the place, her jaw dropped to the floor to see construction  going in and out. But when we stepped inside, she was blown away.

I was actually blown away with her.

They had taken everything out already and tore everything down. I was  surprised at how fast they did it.  She probably thought that it was  going to be easy work today, but I really wanted her take on a few  things. "What the fuck is going on, Ky?"

I shrugged, stepping back with my hands up. "It's time for a change,  and I want you to help me with it." She was completely lost for words,  so I continued to speak. "I want to make this as friendly and diverse as  possible. And I want my lovely baby mama to help me out."

Her eyes snapped to me and rolled when I said baby mama, but then she smiled. "Fine, baby daddy."

I literally got chills when she called me that.

"Hey, boss." Declan smiled as he walked up, looking over at me before  turning his attention to Scarlett. His eyes landed on her, and looked  her up and down like he has never seen a woman in his life. The only  reason I seen the exchange was because we were all standing at different  angles; facing each other. "Hi, I'm Declan." He smiled at Scarlett,  holding his hand out for her to shake.

She smiled back, shaking his hand. "I'm Scarlett."

There was a feeling in the pit of my stomach that I didn't like, I  felt it when their hands touched.  I didn't know what the feeling was,  but it was small and barely there. "Declan." I almost snapped. Scarlett  sensed my new energy and glanced at me, her eyes proactively warning me  to calm down.

"Boss?" Declan cleared his throat looking back at me.

"Declan, where is Quinn?" I asked him, he still seem distracted by Scarlett.