•28•

Author POV:

After a week had passed, the three cousins were confident with their planned they made. All they were waiting for was for Friday to come and for them to get send home early by the school nurse.

The three cousins had faked stomachaches and headaches all day to make others around them concern to which they finally made a fake throw up scene at their high school to scare the teachers.

When they got sent to the nurse, they all tried to keep the acting up. "Don't. Mess. Up." Brake told his two cousins and they nod their head. They open the door to the nurse's office and walked in quietly, the nurse too busy on the computer to notice the three boys.

Burst let's out a forced raspy cough and the nurse looks away from the computer to look around her surroundings. When the nurses eyes land on the boys, her face falls back to exhaustion.

"Do you boys have a pass?" She asks, looking back to her computer to type down something in her files. Without any words, the three boys place their pass on the nurses desk and patiently wait til she talks again.

The nurse hums while reading each of the boy's passes and raises a eyebrow at how all of the passes are the same. "Alright, stand over to the wall." She ordered them, without another glance.

The three cousins listened and stood against the wall. The nurse stood in front of them and turned on her X-ray vision to look inside the boys body. Brake gulped nervously and stood still, while the Nurse stared at them suspiciously.

"Looks good to me, no problems." She said, and tried to sign the passes to send them back to class. "BUT! I threw up!" Brake yelled out, "yeah! And I have been sneezing all day long! Tell her Brooke!" Burst yelled as well.

"That's true, Mrs. Carter and if we don't feel well enough, we are allowed to call home to speak to our parents." Brooke politely said, and the nurse sighs.

"All right, you may call your parents. But for now just rest." She suggested, and the teen boys nodded at response.

The three teens laid down on the uncomfortable mattress in the private rooms. Brake looked around to make sure no nurse or any other adult was near by them before speaking to his cousins.

"When the nurse calls us in to speak to our fathers, we need Brooke to excuse himself to the bathroom to take the fake phone calls." Brake takes a deep breath, "You still have your camouflage voiceover power? Correct?" Brake asks his younger cousin.

Brooke nods in confidence, "Good. Now we just wait." Brake says, and smiles mischievously at his grinning cousins.

__________________________

"Thank you for accepting my request" Mr. Utonium said, and shook the other genius scientist's hand in a welcome manner.

"It was no problem. I'm always here to help an old friend of mines." Dexter smiled, and entered the organized home with his suitcase of files and documents.

"Once I heard that you were able to bring the girls back, I was overjoyed with happiness until you explained to me that you weren't able to fix the machine and the girls have lost half of their memories." Dexter shook his head in disbelief,

"I'm surprised you believed me the first time I told you." The professor told him as they walked down the hallway before going downstairs to the lab.

"Of course. Remembering how intelligent Blossom was, I wouldn't be surprised her father created a miracle machine to bring back life or portal to different worlds." He chuckled, and fixed his thick-framed glasses.

Once they got to the laboratory, the rush of slim long arms wrapped around Dexter's body, making Dexter stumble backwards a few steps before looking down at the person who was standing in front of him.

"Dexter! Oh, how long it's been since we last spoke!" Blossom yelled out in happiness, she placed her face on his chest to hug him tightly before moving her face away to look up at Dexter's face. "I missed you so much!" She smiled softly at him, her chin placed on his chest again.

Dexter stared down at Blossom's face features and let his fingertips gently move around her face; to her eyes down to her cheek and finally her lips. Dexter's lips slowly rise to a small smile, and he thought.

'She looks as beautiful as the day she left'

Their moment was cut off when a loud cough was heard in the room, and Dexter snapped out of it to turn to look at where the cough was coming from. Which was from a very not so happy man across the room.

Dexter separated from Blossom's arms by slightly pushing her aside and giving an awkward smile. "Thank you." He only said before walking away with Mr. Utonium to the other private room in the laboratory.

Blossom stared at only confusion from his actions until she scowled in annoyance when her sister spoke up, "HAHAHA! He totally rejected your offer! Dude was trying to get away!!" Buttercup yelled out before laughing loudly.

"Don't worry Blossom, he'll come back. Just don't think too much about it." Bubbles said, her voice gentle and comforting.

Blossom sighed in disappointment and looked down at the ground, not even listening to the background voices or noticing the other man in the room.

Brick stared at Blossom from a far distance and clenched his jawline in jealousy as well as his hands. He didn't say anything but followed silently the two scientists to the private room that was at the other side of the room.

He ignored Bubbles call and closed the door to the room to prevent any further damage or rumors.

"Is Dexter going to stay here for the rest of the day?" Brick asks his father-in-law, who already seemed busy with Dexter.

"He's not only going to stay here for the day, he'll be here for the rest of the week." Mr. Utonium announced, and continued to stare down at the blueprints on the huge lab tables along with the planned chemical experiments mixes that Dexter brought from home.

"But Dexter will just cause more memory problems to the girls since he's a past! Plus he knows nothing about the machine" Brick says, and bitterly laughs but both scientists ignore him and his statements.

"I'm still amazed how young the girls look, it seems like they were brought from a different timeline." Dexter spoke, and touched his chin.

"They lost half their memory" the Professor told him, adding another different blueprint on the table.

Brick grunts and turns around to leave the room, it seems like nobody wants to listen to him.

When Brick is closed to the door knob, he hears Dexter speak out loudly, demanding Brick to stay. "We need you to stay Brick, with your support in Blossom's past history. We will be able to get her memory back faster." Dexter clears his throat.

"And I'm hoping you would like her memory restored, correct?" Dexter asks, a sly smile forms on his lips before turning to look at his family member.

Brick never liked the idea or thought of Brick and Dexter becoming family members over time. But he had accepted it when he married his first love...

or has he?

The scene of seeing Blossom in love all over again with Dexter made Brick bring back memories of his older teen-hood.

Which he obviously despises.

But if staying will bring back the one he loves faster, then it's a deal.

"Correct"

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Sorry I took wayyy to long to update. I have so much going on in my life right now AND I lost my notebook that had all my notes and details on how this story will continue and end!!😫

And!...Not just this story! But my other books as well and the new books I had ideas on before publishing 😭😭

soooo......

I been having writer's block on how to continue this story along with the others.

I hope you can forgive me and understand.

I love you all and wish you the best of health and happiness!!❤️✨

Byee!!👋🏼