Part 32

*a month time skip* 

Y/n's pov:

(on call)

"You know Michael you have to get out more. It's a Saturday night and your on a call with a 16 year old while everyone else in your college is probably at a party. It's sad." I say on call, making mac and cheese. 

"Wow that hurts. I'll have you know that i have plans." He replies. 

"Oh yeah like what?" It's silent on the other side of the phone. I laugh and say "you were saying?" 

"Ok so maybe i don't have any plans, but its not my fault. All my friends are at home with their families and you that i don't have one. So i decided to call the person who i know would relate and also because i know that you don't have anything else better to do with you time. I mean it's not like you have somewhere to be." 

"That's true, not the party thing. What if you called and i was at a party?" 

I hear a loud laugh and he says, "that's funny, you? At a party? I can't picture it."

"ha ha, very funny." I finish the mac and cheese and pour it in a bowl. "I'll have you know that i can easily go to a party."

"Oh yeah, like your new dad Sebastian will let you go to a party."

"You don't think he will allow me?"

"Fuck no. Didn't you once say that he stayed up until you got home from going out with your friends and he was just sitting in the dark?"

"...he had a lamp on." 

"yeah whatever. I just don't think he would want you to go to one." 

I sit down on the island and start eating. "Yeah well even if i was going to one, i wouldn't really care if he didn't allow me. I went to plenty before he knew me." 

"That's true. Where is he anyways?"

"He's out filming late. He said he will be back at around 9." Me and Michael talk more until he has to go. I put my dirty bowl in the dishwasher and start it. I sit on the sofa on my phone for a bit before i get bored. I sigh and look at the time to see it's only 8:30. I decide to go out for a bit. I change into something different, grab my skateboard and go back downstairs. I write a note for dad saying:

'Going out to the park for a bit. Left you some Mac and Cheese in the fridge.' - Y/n 

I leave it on the kitchen counter, grab my bag and skateboard and head out the house, closing the door. I put my headphones in and start playing music, skating to the park. I arrive at the park and skate around for a bit. After an hour, i check my phone and see that dad texted me saying that he will be late. I send a 'ok' back and take the cigarette packet out my bag. I take one out and light it, inhaling it before exhaling, watching the smoke leave my mouth and float away. 

"That's bad for you, you know." A hear a boy voice from beside me. I look up and see a boy around my age standing next to me. I take my earphones out, pausing the music. 

"So that's why they put the dead lungs on the back. And here i was thinking it was to say that smoking is a good thing." I say sarcastically, looking up at him while taking another drag. He chuckles a bit before saying, "May i?" Indicating to the empty seat next to me. I slide over a bit before saying "Go ahead." He sits down and says "I'm James by the way." He sticks out his hand for me to shake it. I shake it and say, "Y/n" We make eye contact before i look elsewhere and he lets go of my hand. 

"So what are you doing out so late Y/n?"

"I can ask you the same thing James."

He laughs lightly before saying, "I was taking a walk. I was getting bored at home. Now your turn."