Chapter 8

I tried to fight them. I tried to make myself too hard to carry by resisting them. It didn't matter. The man in front had latched onto me and with his friends help I couldn't make them let me go.

When we got outside I screamed out. Trying to get anyone to help. I had accepted my situation with these green people. I had no idea what these new aliens would do.

The two men holding me didn't seem to struggle with containing me. They picked me up and carried me onto a ship that looked like the one I had come in on. This one was black though.

When the door closed I gave up trying to fight them.

I was beyond agitated with my situation now. Hopefully I could convince them to let me go home but I wasn't sure. The others didn't want to do that either. The men holding me began speaking to each other as they set me down, only one of them grabbing my elbow to guide me further into the ship.

I tried to collect myself. I was relieved to be out of the lab but this didn't seem to be much better. I felt my stomach drop as a rumbling vibrated quickly.

Great we were in the air again.

The language they were speaking sounded like the ones the green aliens spoke. They didn't look like them though. The skin texture was similar but was basically it. The inside of their ship was different too. The walls were a soft beige color while the ground was black. The angles weren't as harsh and there wasn't as many hallways.

They led me to a door before holding still. My heartbeat pounded in my ears as I waited for them to dump me off in another cell.

To my surprise the door opened to a control room. There was several seats towards the front with chairs, yokes in front of them along with lit buttons. It was where they flew the ship. The room was black and shiny with only one man in it.

I froze when my eyes took him in. He looked human. His skin was smooth like mine, a slight tan to it, his fingernails short but normal. His ears were rounded and when he smiled at me his teeth were perfectly straight, lacking the point the others had. He was tall, probably six foot three and had icy blonde hair. His eyes were a strange grey color and his pupils looked wide.

Immediate relief washed over me. I wasn't the only human here.

I examined him. He looked uninjured and his smile was truly kind. Perhaps these people were nicer.

"That will be all thank you," he spoke, his voice smooth and deep.

The hand dropped from my arm and I heard the door close behind me.

This confused me. Why would they listen to a human? I eyed him suspiciously now.

"You are nervous. Frightened." he said. "I understand. It is completely reasonable. You should know you are no longer in danger."

He spoke strangely. Like the others. But there was emotion in his voice. A good thing I guess.

I didn't speak. I didn't really believe him. Why would they take me? Who was he to tell me I wasn't in danger? What were the motives that led me here?

"Do you not speak English?" His light eyebrows pulled together.

My eyes moved past him to see where we were heading. There was a large oval window behind him. It showed us moving at an impossible speed. I wondered what the destination was.

"Parlez-vous français?" he asked, his voice going up to signal that was a question, "O italinao? Polacy? Deutsch?"

I knew what he was saying. He was trying to determine what language I spoke. It was impressive he might have known all of those. I could only assume there was more.