Chapter 22

Heather

Ikzo kissed me. He kissed me. And I...kissed him back.

What in the world was happening?

I was shell shocked. I couldn't believe he would actually do that. I didn't think that's how that trip would go at all. I think my thoughts, though I hoped now he wasn't listening, may have given him the idea. I thought I made the idea fleeting, it felt like that away. Then when he showed no sign of hearing it I forgot about it entirely.

The walk back to the tree where I believed spooks was had been normal, silent but normal. I figured he was thinking over what I had said about his appearance. I tried hard not to show more than my indifference.

Then when I turned away from the tree he was much closer than I first perceived. I tried to brush it off until I actually looked at how close his face was to mine. The thought reappeared without my permission.

He paused, not for very long but I think he was gauging my reaction. He was giving me the option to move away. I didn't. Instead I held still. I thought he would kiss me and I would come to my senses. That I would break away before I could even register the action. That wasn't what happened at all.

I actually leaned into him. My mind blanked and my body seemed to act on its own accord. It felt like sparks erupted where our skin met and I couldn't stop myself from responding. I didn't realize what was happening until I tried for more, he complied and my mind caught up to my body.

I shoved him away, stunned by my own actions. Then as I tried to control my reaction, failing miserably, I asked him not to read my thoughts. I needed time to think without him listening. To decide if I really was crazy or actually liked that.

And that was the thing. I did. I liked that he kissed me. I was surprised by it but I was more than shocked at the action. No I was also shocked at my reaction.  The feelings I thought I was holding at bay were loose now. I couldn't seem to find reasons to push them down anymore. Every reason that had made sense before suddenly could be shrugged off. It was frustrating. This wasn't supposed to happen.

How in the world did I get here? How did I go from being taken by aliens and being terrified of them to liking one?

I groaned, pushing myself into a sitting position on the bed in my old room. It hadn't been moved since I left, well from the room. It was in a different place than I left it but it didn't matter.

I sat on the bed for a moment longer. How was I supposed to face him? I would immediately ask him to stay out of my head again today. I was certain my thoughts would be scattered and uncontrollable.

I should try to avoid him, to limit contact with him but I didn't think that would help anymore. The battle in my mind was hardly equal anymore. In fact, the opposing thoughts were practically zero.

Sighing I moved out of the bed. I used the suit he gave me to sleep in while my other clothes were washed. I had to stuff my weapons under the pillow then move them back to my pockets when I was out of the shower. I thought it was best to always have them because I was going to try and sneak out. I wouldn't have time to go back to my room to collect them. Now my plans had to shift. I didn't want to cause problems with the other Occollans. And according to Ikzo that would be exactly what happened if the others were to take me from this planet.

I showered in the room across from my room then changed into my earth clothes again. Like normal I left my hair to dry on its own.

This time I didn't walk slow to waste time but rather avoid an awkward conversation. Maybe he would have responsibilities today and not show, that did happen sometimes. Despite wanting to avoid an uncomfortable conversation I still wanted to see him. My feelings were really out of control now. I was excited to see him.