Chapter 37

"I don't understand why they're still pursuing this," I spoke as we entered our room, "I mean they have to know that you're going to force them out right?"

It didn't make sense to me. They had to know that Ikzo would make them comply if they denied. Even if it was just denying my mother. But then to threaten me again. I couldn't understand why they would even tell him they are still planning to take me. They had never said anything before.

"They have some fixation on you, probably because of their history with your mother. In addition to you being taken from them after receiving a punishment." He started to undress; the way he was rushing I guess he was going to fix this now.

"You're doing this now?" I wanted clarification.

"Yes. If I don't do anything now they will calculate their next best opportunity to take you. I'm not having you hide away for another length of time or having to worry every second about whether or not you are vulnerable."

I paused for a second, considering my options. Then I started to strip out of the dress I was still in.

"What are you doing?" He paused, half out of his suit.

"I'm going."

"No you are not." He outright denied.

I scoffed, then out of irritation and impatience I ripped the hooks on the dress. There was no way he was going to help me do it now. He knew it would slow me down if he left me to do it myself. I wasn't going to let that happen.

"If my mother is up there," I shoved the dress down my body then went for my normal clothes. I needed pockets, "She will have complete breakdown with what is about to happen."

"Then she'll have a complete breakdown." He watched me as I dressed, his full attention on denying me now, "You are not going Heather."

I pulled on my jeans, zipping and buttoning them before slipping on my undershirt, "Ikzo I'll be fine."

"You're not listening to me." His tone stopped me from putting on my hoodie, it was deadly serious, "What I'm about to do is not safe for you. Your body is fragile. You cannot process different elements to breathe. If the ship gets hit and there is a leak it will kill you."

"I ran that risk coming here Ikzo."

I had no idea who would pick me up. I hoped for the green people but I knew it could have been anyone. I was willing to risk being vulnerable in any way to find my mother. I knew that was a way I could be in danger.

He huffed, shaking his head he started to move again. He pulled the shiny suit off then dressed in his regular one. I didn't wait for him to argue this time. I slipped on my hoodie. I would have to go to my old room to get my weapons.

"Your shoes are by the door." He told me as I looked by the bed for them.

I took that as a good sign. Going to the door I shoved my sock covered feet into the boots.

"So I just need to go to my old room—"

"I don't know what made you think I changed my mind." He interrupted me, opening the door, "I pointed out your shoes so you wouldn't be barefoot in the dining room."

I stared at him.

"Higme is there."

"Ikzo I'm not staying here." I denied.

"Right, you're going to the dining room."

I glared, "You know what I mean."

"Unfortunately I do. I'm not arguing about this. You're not going."