13 - Confrontation

"Rough night?" Christopher lightly pressed his palm onto Ethan's shoulder to gain his attention.

"Huh? Oh. What makes you say that?" He yawned, scrubbing a baking pan.

"You've been scrubbing that pan for 15 minutes. I'm sure it's clean," Christopher chuckled. "And you've been non-stop yawning all morning."

"That bad?" He laughed with his boss, enjoying the calmness of the moment. He set the pan in the drying rack then rubbed harshly at his eyes. "I had to clean up late at my other job."

"Mhm. Well, you're on counter for a bit. I have to answer emails," is what Christopher left the new employee with.

Ethan couldn't help but grumble as he dried his hands on a soft cloth before heading out to the front.

His first customer was a clearly overworked woman with three kids under five, screaming about three different pastries they wanted.

He took pity, giving the lady the order for free. She graciously thanked him, even gave him a hug before rushing the children out the door.

His next customer was a rushed assistant. Her low blouse and short skirt told him everything he needed to know.

She rushed out around 15 different orders, hissed about how slow a single employee was making the orders, and tried guilt tripping him to giving her a discount!

He would've laughed if he wasn't so tired from yesterday. In fact, the children from earlier had actually given him a headache.

When she left, a couple rushed in - then a thin, tall man that carried a large laptop case around his shoulders.

The couple asked for two small cups of coffee with barely any sugar and cream. The man ordered his off like a list, making Ethan's head spin.

It took a few tries for him to successfully make the order, but the man was patient. He sat in a corner booth, typing loudly on his laptop.

Ethan had gone to the back to grab a mop, having spilled cream when making the drink.

The bell of a customer entering caught his attention, so he abandoned the mop by the half wall in the kitchen and walked around to the counter.

Jasper stood there, studying the special they had started for the beginning of fall.

"Where'd you go?" Ethan blurted out before he could stop himself, feeling pissed that he had only found Kate to confide in after what happened.

"What do you mean?" He asked with half his attention.

"You left me there," the worker hissed, crossing his arms.

The man finally looked up. He blinked twice at Ethan before nodding his head once in thought. "I didn't think you'd take it offensively. I stayed for a bit, I didn't think you'd take so long. I had a submissive to take care of, you know."

Guilt suddenly filled the submissive's chest as he considered his excuse. "You're right, I'm sorry. I was selfish for keeping you for so long. I didn't expect to be so..affected."

Jasper chuckled. "I understand. I don't take it rudely. Do you remember what I had yesterday?"

Light conversation flowed again between the two, the man in the corner joining in from time to time even. Jasper stayed again. Ethan wondered how he had so much free time but shrugged it off.

He was happy to know he wasn't just abandoned. He began mopping around the tables, as everywhere else in the place was completely spot-free.

In fact, he often wondered how the place stayed open with so few customers. But he didn't handle many of the deliveries, or even the orders for the delivers. So he guessed he'd never know.

He was disappointed to see Jasper go, and even the man in the corner. Christopher had returned, but he was too focused on figuring out dominant that seemed to be everywhere.

"I'm heading out," He happily announced the end of his shift. He had the weekend free until Sunday night, which gave him time to DIY the hell out of his apartment.

Maybe even Kate would join him.

———————————————————
Word Count: 709

How's everybody's day going? I'm feeling tired today, so only two chapters.

I hope everyone has a good day/night! Remember to take care of yourself.

-Alexai<3