44| You're the drug I'm addicted to

He loosens his necktie, turning towards me to lift his hand and put it on my thighs. I apply the soothing gel and wrap the gauze around his hand after securing the lower side with a big bandage. "They were a group of jerks flirting with the female waiters."

Mister Jeon now feels comforted enough to talk about it, so I put my eyes on his for a brief moment to let him know that I'm very interested to listen.

"They always do that shit," he doesn't care about his language since he isn't sober, if he were to be, he'd never curse so much in front of me. "They had been harassing a girl and when one of them groped her thigh, she almost cried. I have had enough then." His jaw tightens as he has the flashbacks of some hours ago, his powerful masculinity yet soft and kind heart enough to explain what all might've happened at the bar.

"It's alright," I touch his other hand and check for the knuckles, hoping they won't be in a bad shape like his other hand's, "you did good, mister Jeon. But..." I hesitate to speak further, not knowing the kind of reaction he might give out, "do you think it was right to...maybe involve violence in it?"

His watery eyes never leaving mine, he shakes his head and lowers it to see the movements of my hand, "I know that wasn't right."

I rub my thumb on his knucklebone and it makes him smile a bit, "you're tickling me." He inches forth and touches my cheek with his free hand, pushing my hairs behind my ears to not let them block my view. "well, I'm just putting on the medicine." I smile at him and hope he'd be feeling better than before, "is your head still hurting?"

Not using his voice, he shakes his head to satisfy me and I get up, "I got this, have two of them. You'll feel much better." I show him the box of painkillers and he grabs it to swallow two from them without using water.

"Thank you so much, sweetheart." He slowly closes his eyes and rests back on the sofa but I cannot let him be like this when his face is all messy and his lips are bruised.

"Hey..." I step closer to him and he opens his eyes, "I need to....your lips, they're kind of bleeding." Not believing that it's true what I said, he sits up but licks the lower lip and the taste causes him to frown, he gulps the bitter taste as he peeks at me. "Shit..."

"It's okay, it'll be fine. I brought the Vaseline and the gel." I take the alcohol rub in my hand and rip the packet, going to him with all the stuffs he needs right now for his bruises.

He faces me while I sit and his attention being all on me right now makes me feel hot on the inside but I push away my silly thoughts to focus on what I am here to do, "they said they called two or three people before calling me." I open the folds of the alcohol rub, his gaze right on me.

"But everyone was either sleeping or busy, and so he tried to call Kitae since he was in your starred contacts as well, but the number wasn't of this country so he gave up and contacted me at last."

Mister Jeon doesn't seem to have been surprised, even though I refrained from telling him the truth of how some people refused to come for help even when they were free. "Hmm..."

He shows the least bothered reaction as if it did not matter how others ignored him but instead, he's happy at least I'm here. He smiles faintly, his eyes directing lower to my lips and nose, "you had not been sleeping, right? And if you were, then you shouldn't have come here, darling. This was just a small thing."

"I wasn't sleeping, it's not a big deal if I came..." I glance at his eyes as I clean the dried blood over his beautiful face. He doesn't flinch at the burning sensations now, probably used to it, but he keeps his gaze on me instead, silent and letting quietness take over the entire room.