40| Filth

"A glass of water, nothing else." Mister Jeon makes himself comfortable inside the tiny house while Jungwoo walks to me and grabs my wrist, "get beers for us."

The grasp so hard that it leaves fading marks, I sigh and walk into the kitchen to do as he ordered. I open the fridge and get the cans of beer, I take some cookies and salty biscuits for mister Jeon too, hoping he'd not be uncomfortable by Jungwoo and his mates.

I quickly get to the living room and squat down to be in height with the coffee, feeling almost all of their eyes on me except for the ones I meet eyes with, he smiles and looks at my face rather than staring at my body.

Wanting to be free from all this mess and get into my room where Haerin and Bora are, I hurry to serve them the beers until that same old idiot remarks at me, "how are you, sweet Cherry?" He dares to lean over to me and touch my face but I slide back and fake an expressionless smile, "I'm fine, sir."

Finally going to the one who is patiently waiting to be served, having been forced to join my step-father and his mates, I smile and hand him the glass of beer but he shakes his head.

"Give me water." He smiles at me as well, whispering, "I don't prefer to drink." I do as he declares, I take out the water for him but it seems like Jungwoo has a problem with this also. "Don't you drink, uh?"

"I do, just not in the morning, I later need to get to school for some work as well." He makes his sentence clear and swallows a good amount of water, glancing at me as I turn around to leave.

I really don't want to leave him alone with these men but I have no choice since I cannot stay here either. So I grab the box which mister Jeon gave and walk up the stairs, and I hurry and open the door of my bedroom, "I'm here."

My little sweetheart jumps up and heads to me while carrying her doll and her cow plushie, "did you miss me?" Surprisingly, she tugs on my hand and says, "I wanna talk to John." I hold her hand out of some astonishment, feeling good about her liking for that man who makes my heart race. "She saw him coming in and ever since, she's pleading me to let her go."

Bora gathers her phone and stuffs, ready to leave. "Thank you for not letting her." I say what I'm thankful for, she smiles and wears her bag, ready to leave. "Why....? I want to go!"

Haerin nearly falls on my feet, turning agitated, "please...." I catch her arm so that she doesn't hurt herself but the sound of knocking drives both of our attentions towards the closed door of the bedroom. I open the door, expecting Bora, but to my surprise, I find mister Jeon. "Hi." Haerin stands in my way to hug him and he replies to her soft embrace, giving her a gentle head pat, "hello, baby."

Then he focuses on me. "I'm sorry to disturb, wanna talk for a moment?" I nod, stepping out my room but keeping Haerin inside, feeling like he's already noticed everything I kept hidden until now.

"Does he make you do those stuffs all the time?" He doesn't even beat around the bush, he straightaway gets to the point and stares low, deep into my eyes as if he wanted me to maintain it which means I cannot lie. But I can't face his piercing gaze, so I land my gaze down for a second, just fast enough to catch hold of a lie, "I-"

Before I could even move my lips, he steps a bit further and I suck in my breath as his hot one fans my face, "don't lie to me, please."

His gentle voice doesn't allow me to fake anything, "he does." Hearing this, mister Jeon flies a hand up to his forehead, he seems genuinely worried and tensed. "Maybe you might not know this, but I heard and saw what those ass- stupid guys down there were doing and saying."

He holds himself from cursing, clenching his jaw as his brows furrow, "I just want to ask you if they ever troubled you or touched you in any wrong way, or maybe said some weird things to you."