27| Girls want men

. . .

I get out of the bathroom and once again, my phone rings. I go over to the nightstand and look at the caller ID, showing Kang. "Hey. Don't tell me you're here."

"Well, we are." He sneers at me, "don't tell me you're not ready yet." I smile, rushing over to my bed to grasp the dress which I'll be wearing, "as a matter of fact, I'm ready, I just haven't put on my clothes. I'll be right there! Hold on." I cut the call, glancing at Haerin as she's all dressed up and ready to go to the beach, wearing her jacket above her swimsuit.

"Cherry got a booboo..." She points up at the side of my neck, a purple bruise visible, I accidentally hurt myself in my bath because of hurrying. God, it hurts bad. But thank goodness I did not break my neck and die inside the tub.

"Oh, bad...bad," she worries for me, concerned about the hue, and she comes to me at a sudden. "It's okay, baby....I'm fine, really." I bend down and peck her little nose, calming her, making sure that she believes the truth. She relaxes her eyebrows and skims her soft hands past my thighs, "okay. Let's go." Her hand reaches mine and she holds my bigger one, "uh, I've got to fix my hair. It's still wet, gosh...."

I mumble to myself, not understanding what I should do, so I slap the moisturiser onto my skin and wear a lip balm, then take my socks to put it on, making it fast and swift.

"Your buttons." She reminds me to fix the undone buttons of my dress, and I breathe in relief, thanking her for doing so. I almost went out and flashed everyone, if not for her. Now I do not make her wait long than she already is; I take my bag and grab my phone, and then exit the room right after.

"You pack the strawberry?" I nod to affirm her question, touching the fabric of my bag and making sure that it's there. We walk down the stairs in a quiet frisk, I peek around and do not find Jungwoo anywhere, so I check in his room. He's there on his bed, and he's fast asleep, like I expected his schedule exactly to be. "Let's go. Wear your shoes, darling."

I close the door and head to the main door, putting on my sneakers and helping her put on hers. And we both quietly exit the house, walking down the stairs quickly.

"Sorry to keep you waiting." I squint my eyes as the wind hits my cool body, the weather amazing and perfect for the beach day. "No problem, anything for a cute girl." Kang steps down the driver's seat and helps me keep the bag into the back of the car. "Did you carry like your whole house or what?" I straighten up, closing the lid of the trunk of this car, "stop mocking me okay? That's my sister's stuffs. She's a baby, you idiot."

He mimics my annoyed voice and follows me, but once he comes across Haerin, his attention goes all the way to her.

"Oh my god, she's a doll. Like..." he peeks at her as she sat inside on the backseat, and he pokes her chubby cheek through the opened window, "she's just like you but chubbier, cuter and not brattier." I open the door of the other side of the passenger seat but the window of the front passenger seat opens and out peeks a head, his eyes covered with sunglasses. This stranger stares at me without shame while I do it back, but out of curiosity. "Whatcha doing out here, mademoiselle?"

He flirts in the most unserious manner that he possibly could, and it makes me want to laugh, but I conceal it. "I'm older than you. I would like if you respected me."

I immediately understand that this young man is no one else than Kang's brother, judging him by the way the other one had described him to be. "Shut up, asshole, she's like my sister. And a brother's sister, is a sister to his other brother. So that makes her your sister."