47| Bleeding heart

End of Jungkook's POV

"Mm, peanut butter and jelly." He hops down the stairs and I put my finger over my lips to ask him to be quiet since my step-father is home and is passed out in his room.

"You only get one slice." I offer the plate to him and he sits down to eat, not even caring about what I said. I put the bowl of soup in front of Haerin and she giggles at him as he's not following his table manners and is eating like a pig who had been hungry since years. "Crumbs."

She touches the table on which the bread crumbs are falling and Wonpil laughs it off, "your sister makes good meals." He swallows and glances up at me, "I mean, what else can you expect from a whole meal herself t-" I cut him off right there, "stop right there, and jeez, have a little bit patience. Your bread isn't running off."

He gobbled the first bite and goes on to finish the whole thing while I'm taking my own time to garnish my pasta with the parsley.

"Did mister Jeon text you since last night?" He suddenly brings up the name of the person I've been dying to see but also who I never want to face again. "Uh, no. Why?" Asking why it bothers him, I sit down next to him and he simply shrugs, "he hasn't woken up yet, a bit concerning, isn't it?"

"I don't know, probably." I pick up the fork and eat the pasta which had been in the fridge since a day, "maybe he's resting."

"Maybe he took drugs." He spits those words on my face without caring about how this isn't possible at all. Mister Jeon isn't the type to do drugs, no matter the problem he's facing. "No way." I clear his doubt and chew my food to end my hunger, glancing at her to make sure she's eating well. "And how are you so sure hmm?"

I bang the fork down on my bowl and stare at him, and he doesn't look away as if he was really very sure of his words.

"I can ask the same. How are you sure about the drugs?" He nudges his elbow on the table to rest back, his face giving off a thoughtful look, "because that's what happens when you do drugs. I can tell because I did it too. People sleep like they're dead after taking an acid. They don't seem sober but don't seem intoxicated either, it's like they're just plain numb or dead in the head."

His vivid descriptions, the scenes of last night, it matches without a doubt. But then, I cannot believe it.

I don't argue anymore, not because I believed Wonpil, I just want to stay quiet because the more we talk about this particular person, the more the intimate moments of last night gather up in my head and ruin all my thoughts and leave me in perplexity.

"Well, are you going to the evening class today?" He keeps yapping, his lips covered in the jam as he licks it off, "what?"

"Can we please not talk about this for moment? My head's hurting." I pick up a piece of carrot and feed it to Haerin as she finished her meal. Thankfully, he listens to me and accepts my request, "I'm sorry. Are you okay though? I just feel like you're not okay since you came back from there."

His eyes expressing a genuine concern, I sigh out slowly but nod, a smile forming on my face at his cute face, "don't worry. I'm just stressed about him."

I don't tell Wonpil about the kiss, not yet, not until I'm assured that the kiss was a genuine one and not just a fast-driven emotion caused due to the alcohol or the high.

"Hmm." He gets up after his bread is over, "I'll leave now. Take some time to relax. He'll be fine, don't worry about it. I'm sure he's enough of a responsible man to know how to deal with his problems." He washes the dirty dishes, understanding the situation and trying to soothe me by whatever he knows and how much ever I let him know yet.