38| Rollercoaster

"Do you wanna go on some rollercoasters?" He picks up the noodles with his chopsticks, eating like an animal in front of everybody without caring about the noise, "I- no, I mean, first let's take Haerin on some baby rides."

I divert the conversation away from this topic, looking around while stirring in my mushroom soup, feeling bad somewhere deep inside my heart about today.

I skipped my extra classes, I'm not replying to him nor did I answer his calls. I've been ignoring mister Jeon for like no reason, apparently because I'm so fucked up that the more I see him or stay near him, the more my feelings for him deepen and develop. And it's no good.

So the faster I stop myself, the better it is for me.

"Hey," Jiwoo brings me out my dreary thoughts, I stare up but find Wonpil giggling, "she zoned out yet again, man, she does it every time we're in school." He laughs and flies his chopsticks towards my lips, "c'mon, have some."

"No, I'm f-" my words ending in a muffle, he shoves the noodles inside my mouth, "shut up and take it like a good girl." I stare at him in shock as the shame fills me, but I keep chewing to not end up suffocating, "you're such an ass."

I murmur, lowering my head and swallowing. Taking a glance at Haerin, I look at my phone on the table which vibrates by yet another text which I receive from my teacher. "Do you wanna go to the dark castle while Haerin is with Jiwoo and Liam?" He takes a bite of the udon noodles and feeds the next one to me, "If only you both would be fine with it."

"She sure can, Cherry." Jiwoo assures me about it, smiling kindly at the smallest one here, "she's so adorable, and we had planned to go to the carousel anyways."

Her boyfriend agrees as well, "yep...so, let's all get going?" Wonpil hurries to slurp the last bit of his food and I snatch his cup to irritate him, but he doesn't even bother to care, "have it. It's all in here anyways." He shoots a glance down at his stomach and slides his jacket to reveal some of his skin and abs. "Nasty idiot, we're in public!"

Jiwoo slaps the back of her silly brother's head as I titter and keep the cup down to take hold of Haerin's hand, keeping my phone inside my bag, ignoring my urges to open his texts and hear his voice. "I just got hit because of you."

"Well, I don't give a shit. So, let's go." I tug on his jacket to drag him with me, and we both start walking towards the haunted house. "If you get scared, don't be shy to come to me, darling." I roll my eyes at his assumptions, knowing I'll literally be terrified at one point, "I'd rather watch you pee your pants and laugh at you."

"Hah, let's see." He turns to me, a smug grin on his pink lips. We both pass a nervous look at each other and take a step forward, entering the castle.

"Here," he raises his hand and touches mine. I grab on to his hand, just to make sure that he won't leave me alone and run away while I'm still inside. "You better be prepared." And we both walk inside a big cold room which is filled with darkness, where nothing is visible.

"Why the fuck is- wait, is that a wolf?" His hand tightening its grasp around my smaller one, I punch his arm, "don't squeeze my skin." Ignoring me, he steps forth and inspects the fake animal, but then it suddenly becomes alive and bounces forward, scaring us both with its loud scream. "Holy shit! What the hell was that?"

We escape this horrendous place and get moving far away from here until we reach the next room, "this place is weird." I look around and stick close to Wonpil, finding a lot of dolls and mannequins amidst the spider webs and dust. "It sure is..."

He licks his lips, nervous, watching out for any weird movement, "should we g-" As soon as he turns to me, he points behind me and my soul freezes at its spot. "Don't move."