35| Image

Two weeks later

6 AM

"Cheer up. Hoshi will be just fine, sweetheart." I raise my hand to drink the black coffee which has cooled down, but the boy on the other side doesn't seem to stop worrying, "I know. But he needs me there after his appointment. He will be in pain and I really want to hold him in my arms, dad, please."

I cannot even do anything but console Kitae, pretty much feeling the same concerns for our dog who has to undergo a surgery for his torn  toenail because the brat decided to go and stick his paw into some scratched metal pieces when we were in my garage.

Thinking for a while, I look at the date and time area on the screen, "when do you get the holiday for winter?" I sip the drink in my hand and wait for him to answer.

Kitae looks up from his hands, keeping the clay away to not knead it simply, "umm, probably by the end of first week of December. Why?" He doesn't think much, and I get up but mark the date on the calendar to remember it, "you can visit me. And there's something else I have to work on as well, so I need you and Nami here for it."

He smiles and laughs in his cute boyish voice, "wow! That'd be awesome. It barely snows here anyways." But soon his thick brows frown at unease as he inquires furthermore, "oh, what work?"

"Some paperwork, that's all." I partially reveal some of the truth which I don't know will make him happy or hurt him. I don't want to break my son's heart and separate him from his mother but after the conversation I've had with Nami and Anthony, I feel better, for a good reason which only the three of us are aware of.

End of Jungkook's POV

A week later

11 AM

Walking past all the grown-ups who have already gathered into the huge hall, I try to search for Wonpil who agreed to be here with me because I really don't want to be the loser loner without a partner.

"Here you are, you silly goose." Finding a pair of arms raised up to wave at me, I rush close to him and frown at his smile. "Why are there so many people in here? I mean, I don't even know half of them." He has a point. The basketball court is filled with strangers and I don't think it's usual. It's probably for a meeting or some discussion.

A familiar cologne spreading around me, a weird feeling develops inside my chest and my heartbeat hastens, I turn about in the direction of the perfume and realise who's here.

"Mister Jeon?" Not able to define the happiness I feel upon seeing him, knowing his presence, I raise my eyes up at him as he follows my astounded expressions and smiles. "Are you surprised?" He comes closer, pushing his hair up, apparently it doesn't do anything and the hair strands fall back down on his forehead. "I....yeah, a little."

I really don't know what to say. He looks up once someone calls his name out but then puts his sharp eyes back on me as I'm unable to take my eyes off him for even a second.

This is the first time I've seen him wear such a pretty formal attire. This makes his intimidating side stand out even better. There's this grey coat and white shirt, with a grey checked tie and matching trousers. His hair is covered in some gel and sleekly combed, and there's a thin chain around his neck which is probably of silver. Everything about him is so cool and radiates such a manly aura.