7| Nervous

Two days later

6 PM

I rotate on my chair, one of my eardrums covered with the headphones which I'm using for listening to a recipe while Haerin is in the bathroom and brushing her teeth. After I've finished writing what is needed as the ingredients to make this particular dish, I close the tab and switch off my laptop, putting it away without wasting another second.

"Cherry, can we go to beach on Saturday, please?" She keeps the brush back in its place, been wanting to go to the favourite spot of ours. "Maybe we could, I'm not sure about it. And Saturday is two whole days away so I'll think about it, okay darling?"

I put a hand on her head, not lying but only stating a possibility because lying or breaking promises to kids is a bad thing, especially when they have their whole trust on you.

"Hmm," her innocent eyes shift down from mine, she climbs down the stool and goes away from the bathroom, in a happy mood because of donuts she had from a local shop which also gave a free little figurine of 'Amarena' from the Tokidoki series, because I had bought donuts from kids' section. "Now I got ice-cream for Moo." She plays with the new toy, smiling sweetly as she takes hold of the blanket to cover herself and those toys under its warmth, like some tent.

I grab my bottle to fill the empty thing with water before I move out from the room to get down in the kitchen after being satisfied of the fact that she's cosy on the bed, in this cold late evening of Thursday.

Jungkook's POV

12 AM

Turning the car to the left, I stop it, glimpsing left and right to affirm that I've maintained the same space in both sides, and then I turn the ignition off right away. I undo the seatbelt, taking my cold hands up to cover my face with them, and then blow the air I exhale heavily using my mouth, caused from the windy midnight it is outside.

I take the box, open it and put on my glasses, knowing I'm going to be having difficulty if I don't wear them because I forgot to put my eye drops in the morning. A text from my son illuminates my phone's screen at once when I grab the device and my coat, ready to get off the car.

[Hey dad. Mom's putting me up for a school which is like at another city and I'll have to take a train to go there every morning, and it's also like an hour away almost 🥲]

This is ridiculous, I would've chosen a good school for Kitae which was in the area they stay, rather than sending him miles away.

[That's not good. Have u considered the decision? Did mom say anything about it or was it Anthony who chose this particular school for u?]

[Idk. Mom and Anthony were saying that they chose the school for me together cuz it was having better facilities and education sources than the schools around here have, basically. I'm actually neutral about this matter because I like train rides so idc...but it would prolly suck to wake up every morning like 2 hours early for school when the sky is still dark lmao :")]

That son of a bitch, Anthony. I know why he's doing this. There's no sense for him to take decisions for us and our son because I and Namra were the ones who already chose the school for Kitae in Lyon. We're his parents.

He's not anything to Kitae.

The realisation hits me about how I'm still standing in the cold, having nothing around my torso, my skin freezes as I get goosebumps. I lock the car but frown unconsciously, pessimistic for some reason. I quickly wear my coat, heading for the massage parlour.