Chapter 9: The Campsite

Nearly a week passed, Aphmau stayed in the village like Garroth asked her to do, she mostly helped Brenden rebuild the docks, which became bigger than the first attempt of it. But every time she passed by the path that led to the old Lord's house, Aphmau would stop for a moment and look at it for a while. It was almost like something was telling her to go there again. But she would always shake her head and continue what she was doing before she got sidetracked. Aphmau was at the town square with Thorgi, watching everyone doing their usual daily routine.

Aphmau: " *yawn* What do you want to do today, Thorgi? We finished the docks and it looks like the village doesn't look like it needs any improvements for now. I mean, maybe we can train to pass the time."

As Aphmau was talking, Thorgi's ear twitched and he looked over at the thing that caught his attention. Aphmau noticed that something was up when she heard him growling.

Aphmau: " Thorgi? What is it?"

Aphmau looked up, and there, sitting on one of the crates near a booth, was a cat, grooming itself.

Aphmau: " Thorgi, it's just a kitty cat. They're not going to..."

Right before she finished, Thorgi got up and dashed over to the cat, barking and growling, causing the cat to get puffy before running away.

Aphmau: " Thorgi! No!"

Aphmau got up, but before running after her dog, she grabbed a sword just in case she bumps into something while out.

Aphmau: " Thorgi! Come Back!"

For the first time, Throgi ignored Aphmau, the only thing he cared about was catching this cat. He and the cat took a sharp turn on the path to the old Lord's house.

Aphmau: " No, no, no, no. No! Thorgi! Thorgi! Get back here!"

Aphmau rushed over to the path, she had to get Thorgi back and keep that cat safe. After rushing down the path, Aphmau found Thorgi, who was able to corner the cat at the beaten down house, he growled and barked at the cat as it hissed and swiped at the dog. Aphmau came over and grabbed Thorgi, pulling him away.

Aphmau: " Thorgi! Stop scaring the kitty."

Aphmau places herself between Thorgi and the cat, making sure that Thorgi doesn't get pass to get to the cat. Thorgi paced back and forth behind Aphmau, growling at the cat.

Aphmau: " What has gotten into you? Why are you acting up?"

Aphmau looked over at the cat, it looked like a Tortoiseshell cat with a few orange speckles in it's fur, it was arched and hissing a bit, Aphmau held her hand out to try to pet the cat.

Aphmau: " Hey. Hey, it's okay. I'm not going to hurt you. *clicking tongue* Come here."

The cat started to relax a bit, and its fur settled down, it came closer and let Aphmau pet it a bit before pulling away when Thorgi made a growl.

Aphmau: " Thorgi! Don't mind Thorgi, he's usually a friendly fella. I don't know why he decided to scare you and chase you around."

The cat jumped up on the roof of the house, and meowed after laying down on it. Thorgi sniffed the air and walked around the house for a while, till he barked for Aphmau.

Aphmau: " What? What is it..."

When Aphmau turned the corner, Thorgi found an abandoned campground. She and Thorgi looked at each other for a moment before she looked around. She looked at the campfire and placed her hand on what was left from the firewood. It was slightly warm and crumbled a bit when she held it.