Chapter 21: Return of a Lord

After a long journey, Aphmau was able to get Lord Burt back to Bright Port. Everyone stopped what they were doing, their jaws dropped and they dropped whatever they were holding as the two walked to Lord Burt's house. Everyone surrounded the house, trying to see or hear what the two were saying, and some of the Guards pushed them aside while the two Lords talked. After getting his wound checked up on and patched up, he chatted with Aphmau about what's been going on.

Lord Burt: " It's good to be home. It's a bit messier than I remember, but we can fix that up in no time."

Aphmau: " *chuckles* I'm sure you make it better than it ever has after settling back in.... Do.. Do you know what's been going on or why you were kidnapped? Why are the Lords going missing?"

Lord Burt smiled faithed, he looked at some of his guards and shifted to the door, suggesting to give them the room to themselves and to get the Villagers away from the house. Lord Burt took a long swig of his drink before telling Aphmau what he knew.

Lord Burt: " So, you want to know what O'Khasis has been doing for the past month?"

Aphmau nodded.

Lord Burt: " Have you ever heard of the Jury of Nine?"

Aphmau: " No. Who are they?"

Lord Burt: " Some of the powerful people who walked on this world. Aside from the royals, they're the Higher Ups in the city of O'Khasis. The leader of the Jury is a twisted man, alongside the rest of those he influences because of him. I even lost a few loyal Guards to him in the past."

Aphmau: " That's horrible."

Lord Burt: " Oh that's not the worst thing, my friend. Some say that the leader of the Jury is just as powerful as the King himself. Just about everyone around the realm knows him, they all fear but respect him."

Aphmau: " But why kidnap Lords?"

Lord Burt: " Because he wants people to follow him and follow his ways only. He believes that only power and fear makes a good leader. He sees the Lords of the Villages as soft for being who they are, helpful, nice and straight up kind people. If a Lord doesn't surrender their land or village to them, well that Lord goes missing, dead or alive, but I left my Village to see if I can change anything, I stumbled across the Werewolves to see if they can help but... well, you know how that ended up."

Aphmau looked away.

Aphmau: " You.. You mention something about a King, if the Jury of Nine are causing so much trouble, why not step in to stop them?"

Lord Burt: " Don't know. I knew the King for many years, he was once a kind and loyal man... a good friend. But something happened, causing him to become colder towards everyone, including to his own wife. He is aware of what the Jury is doing, but chooses not to get involved. Some king he is for letting them harm the innocent. The best thing to do for now is to try and avoid those who are connected with the Higher Ups from O'Khasis and reinforce our Villages. But let's not talk about that any more."

Aphmau: " *shakes head* Yeah... that would be nice."

Lord Burt got up and walked over to a desk with potions on it. He hid around for a moment till he found a deep red one.

Lord Burt: " Here. It's not much, but it is the last bit of my magic healing potions. Make sure your friend drinks every drop to start the healing process."

Aphmau took the bottle out of the Lord's hand, a small smile formed on her face.

Aphmau: " Thank you. I'll never forget this."