Chapter 10: The New Guard and Business

Once Dale stopped at the entrance of the Village, Aphmau caught her balance after Dale let go of her, Meow dug his claws into Aphmau's shoulder while they were running and Thorgi was panting a bit when he caught up to them. Alongside Dale and Molly, Garroth, Zenix, Kent and Emilia were also there to greet Brian. In front of them was a young man who seemed to just turn 18, he wore a gray uniform with some blue like his father. He had dark blue eyes and dark hair. Molly rushed over to hug her son.

Molly: " My Baby Boy Is Back! And He's All Grown Up!!"

Molly kissed Brian multiple times, till he turned red from embarrassment. Dale came over and patted Brian's back.

Garroth: " Good to see you back, Brian."

Emilia: " Yeah, you definitely grew up, kid."

Brian chuckled a bit, Garroth noticed Aphmau and called her over.

Garroth: " Lady Aphmau. Right on time. Come over and meet Brian. Brian, I would like you to meet Lady Aphmau. She has been helping the village a lot and made it look a bit better. Aphmau, this is Dale and Molly's son, Brian."

Aphmau: " Hello. I heard about you a little bit when I first came here, it's nice to meet you."

Brian: " Mmhm. It's nice to meet you as well. So are you a Traveler or..."

Dale: " Well, she's actually...

Zenix: " More like our new Lord now."

Dale: " I Was About To Say That! I Wanted To Be The One To Tell Him!"

Brian: " New Lord? Wait? What happened when I was gone?"

Garroth: " It's a bit of a long story. We'll tell you everything that happened after you settled back in."

Brian nodded as everyone walked back in the village, Garroth then turned to Aphmau and took a double take when he saw Meow.

Garroth: " You got another pet?"

Aphmau: " Huh? Oh, you mean Meow. Well, I wouldn't call him my pet-pet, I think he might belong to someone already and I'm just taking care of him."

Garroth: " That's nice of you. Where did you find him?"

Aphmau: " Well, that's something I wanted to talk to you about, and I'm guessing Zenix didn't tell you about it. I found him at the old Lord's house, there was a campground there and whoever was there looked like left some time before I showed up. I also found these in a crate on the site too."

Aphmau pulled out some of the bottles of poison and the key Garroth was surprised to hear that, if you could see his face, his eyes would be wide open and a bit pale hearing that someone who had different poisons with them was camping near the village. He also looked at the key for a moment.

Garroth: " We'll have to look into this later. Do you want me to hang onto the key for you?"

Aphmau: " Sure, I don't know what it's for, but we definitely have to keep an eye on it."

Garroth nodded, but as Garroth put the key away, Meow looked annoyed and showed his teeth for a moment before anyone could see. After explaining what happened during his time away, Brian learned what happened to the old Lord and that Aphmau was seen as a Lord because of how much she helped around.

Brian: " So no one knows what happened that day?"

Emilia: " Sorry kid, no one was around the house and the only one who knew what actually happened was the Lord but he's gone."

Kent nudged Emilia a bit when she said it like that.

Kent: " We also couldn't find anything in the morning. But maybe we should change the subject, or maybe we can show you around the Village and show what was newly added."