.14.

Seoul, South Korea

Wednesday, November 2nd

10 PM

The air was distinctively chilly yet the night sky was full of stars that defied the city's light pollution and shined even brighter, and Jimin was willing to risk catching a cold in order to enjoy the serenity of this night. He sat on one of the three small, creamy couches he and Taehyung had squeezed in the little area that was left of the roof as he held a hot cocoa cup in his hand, occasionally smiling at idle memories they made in their little apartment. For these couches were meant for the countless nights they shared a drink, and the beautiful yet poor pots of plants over there were taken care of by Taehyung for the sake of his questionable scientific experiments, and that dirty blue bike was guilty of almost breaking Jimin's leg and was tossed in the furthest corner of the roof to receive it's punishment –rotting away in dust- . As for those multiple holes in the walls surrounding the roof, he would rather not mention his embarrassing attempts at hanging a thread to air the laundry, and please don't tell the tenant as well, that lady can be quite scary sometimes.

Every corner and every rock in this house held an undeniable significance to Jimin, and he wondered whether he was turning too soft or was he simply going insane for holding some chairs and holes dear to his heart.

"I better be the one occupying your mind so much that you didn't even notice someone approaching you, or I'll be so mad" spoke Taehyung as he slumped on the sofa next to Jimin

"Well, you're part of it" he said as he took off the blanket he had on himself and put it around Taehyung "took you long enough, you almost got me worried"

"I couldn't do it at the place you ordered since there was a lot of commotion and I prefer a clean work, so I followed them around for a while and finished the job" replied Taehyung as he snuggled deep into the warm blanket, "and now I'm cold, tired, hungry, AND my hair's a mess" he whined

"Seems to me that you got rusty, esteemed top ranking assassin" teased Jimin

"You and your incompetent ass wish to be as skillful as I am at my job" he huffed, only for them to break into a shared laughter that reminded them of the good old days, then after a long moment of silence, Taehyung was the first to say what was on both of their minds

"So this is it, huh" he smiled to himself "I kinda got used to our current characters, student Kim Taehyung sounds nice to the ear".

"It does, it really suits you" Jimin breathed out.

"I think I will miss this life" Taehyung spoke the forbidden, for no matter how attached they become to any of the many characters they were assigned to along the long course of their job, it was like an unspoken rule to never disclose that feeling. As if it would cease to be true unless spoken aloud.

Jimin's lips twitched and his mouth slacked a tad bit, eager to poor his mind out to his longtime partner and best friend hoping it would ease out the turbulence he felt rising in his head but alas, for that would be considered a sin in their line of work. Moreover, he was well aware of the fact that he is the oldest and the more experienced among the two of them, if anything, it is crucial for him to showcase strength and strong will at these times. Even if it meant he had to feign it.

"You'll miss it huh, then why not get up and finish the homeworks that are due tomorrow? Aren't you going to miss those too?" teased the black haired boy

"Nope I take my words back!! I now miss nothing but a hot tub and a warm pot of noodles sir" he jumped from his chair immediately and rushed inside the house, leaving Jimin in an uncontrollable laughing fit as he followed him in to prepare the best noodles he tasted so far.

The two boys finished their dinner and calmly initiated the first base of operation: Preparations.

Taehyung placed the dishes in the washing machine then stealthily checked the neighborhood through the window before starting to dismantle the kitchen counter and extracting his AI AS50 one piece after the other, he cleaned it thoroughly then moved to the living room where he stood on top of the main table –and got scolded by Jimin for stepping on the it with his flip flops- then carefully pushed the chandelier aside and removed a piece from the roof that before appeared perfectly intact, revealing his riffle sniper's equipments.

The neatly folded tripod for stabilization of the weapon, the scope for accurate sighting, the bullets, and lastly, the carrying cases.

And as he finished collecting his weapons from around the house, Jimin was seated on the floor with two of his computers in front of him and the third on his lap; quickly tapping out on it as he created brand new lives for both of them. New names, new passports, new location at a new country, and basically an entirely new identity. And with that, comes the eradication of their current identities. There is no Park Jimin and Kim Taehyung anymore.

There has never been to begin with.

But there was nothing new in it for them, this was something they got used to since they were young, a regular routine if you may; they went through it so often that they made it appear easier from how professional they became. For what takes highly trained individuals days to achieve, here they are doing it after a full course meal.

Jimin deleted the last trace of his and his brother's existence from any system as Park Jimin and Kim Taehyung, and that signaled the tight schedule they now must follow in order to achieve their mission's goal, and until then, both of them are fully aware that they must lay low as much as they can, for something as trivial as a parking ticket can expose their identity -or lack, thereof.

"And now," spoke Jimin as he took one of Taehyung's guns and used its handle to land multiple blows on the pc until it became nothing but ruins, extracted the microchip that had the memory stored in it and broke it in half to erase the last trace of their existence "on to the second base Taehyungie" and they both nodded knowingly at each other.

Second base, locating the target: initiated.