.29.

Seoul, South Korea

Wednesday, November 10th

3.30 PM

Jungkook was the type of man who wouldn't go unnoticed, he was tall and towering with muscles that were clearly sculpted by years of discipline and resolve. His eyes, although sharp and piercing, were concealed by a handsome face that often tricked his opponents into thinking he is harmless. But if there was anything the furthest away from the truth, it was this ruthless man who murders people for a living being anywhere even remotely close to the term 'harmless'.

Though currently hidden, his left arm bears a striking symbol of his past allegiance, a symbol of loyalty and utter devotion to the one and only man who recognized the darkness of his soul and taught him how to embrace and navigate through his shadows instead of rejecting them or being absorbed by them, a dark snake tattoo that sat artistically across his muscled arm resembling the one on Yoongi's arm only fairly smaller. An unbreakable bond, the one he shares with Yoongi.

"Yes hyung" replied Jungkook as he sat back down immediately.

"It's been a while since you called me that" Yoongi ruffled his hair as he positioned himself on the leathery sofa, blazer unbuttoned and legs crossed "I might need further assistance from you in this ordeal, are you free for me?"

"I am even if I wasn't, you know that" replied Jungkook as he leaned back in his chair, shoulders broad and muscles relaxed, making himself comfortable "but why are you fixated on these two, they could be after Hoseok for all we know" he took a piece of dark chocolate from the table between them "that man has more enemies than I can count with both hands".

"I highly doubt that, they had their chance to kill him but they didn't, they chose to observe him from afar. Even the way they constructed their plan suggests they were there to scout information without raising any suspicions" replied Yoongi, his eyes gleaming with an unsettling intensity "which is precisely why I asked you to stay. You've encountered both of them so tell me, was there anything specific you noticed about them"

Jungkook shuffled nervously in his chair as he felt an undeniable pressure from Yoongi's question, he focused for a second, tongue flicking his lip piercing unconsciously, "I know I said this earlier but I feel like I should say it again: these two are proficient as fuck hyung. Do you have any idea what it takes for one of my men to be cornered and tied, let alone being forced to off himself? Especially by a man in that size, that dude's short arms could barely reach the handlebar of the Yamaha he was riding, so to tie up one of my biggest men like a freaking piñata is..." he paused, a hint of disappointment lacing his voice.

"I see, but didn't you see his face? The observer was wearing a helmet yes, but you caught the operator inside the hotel before he got the chance to hide his face"

"Well not really" Jungkook sat up in his chair, legs manspreading and eyes focused "you see, between killing my man, changing his clothing, exiting the hotel on his motorcycle, it took him less than three minutes"

Yoongi's eyebrows furrowed and his demeanor altered "what?"

"Exactly as you heard me, my men were patrolling the area around Hoseok's room and report back to each other every three minutes. These reports are obligatory even if they merely have to say 'it's all clear'. Now if one of my men didn't report back after three minutes had passed"

"Then he's dead" finished Yoongi.

"Exactly, now before those three minutes had passed, the team that guards the gates to the hotel informed me that a Yamaha was taking off and I didn't pay it much mind. Few second later, I received the news of my man's death and it all clicked in my head, so I immediately took off after him"

"He waited for your man to report back so he will ensure there'd be no back up called, then killed him and fled calmly" chuckled Yoongi in disbelief "and here I was thinking the observer with his poisons was the dangerous one among the two"

"That piece of trash is mine" he tried feigning calmness but his flared nostrils and the vein popping in his thick neck were more honest, Jungkook was enraged to say the least.

"Sure" chuckled Yoongi as he stood up, signaling that was the end of their meeting "I do applaud your quick wit, however, you managed to conclude who was the assaulter and follow him without any concrete clue" he patted Jungkook's back generously "you never make me regret asking for your services"

"Nah hyung I was too slow, if I had caught on few seconds earlier we would've had him by now" replied Jungkook as they made their way out of the office and towards the elevator, both of them chuckling because even if Jungkook denied the compliment, the redness on the tips of his ears revealed just how much he enjoys being praised by his favorite –and only- hyung.

And just as they stood at the doors to the elevator,

Seconds passing by, sharpened by the quiet dings as it passed by each floor, slowly getting closer and closer

And just as the door opened revealing who's inside, time stopped abruptly as the four of them stared at each other,

Yoongi and Jungkook face to face with Jimin and Taehyung.