.31.

Seoul, South Korea

Wednesday, November 10th

4.02 PM

The hair on Jimin's arms stood on end as his senses became more alert than a cat's. Knowing his brother, he would never use such a grave warning in vain or driven by mere suspicions, so there is indeed something wrong. 

But where's the danger? Is Taehyung seeing something that Jimin's missing? The entire floor is basically empty, Ms. Yun long gone, Yoongi behaving as he normally does, and then there's this man whom they just met. Is it him?

Jimin took a glance at his brother, a sweat droplet traveling down his neck as his eyes calmly yet intently followed every movement Jungkook made,

It is him.

But even if it's the case, this is most definitely not how this situation should be handled, and so as quickly yet subtly as he could, Jimin grabbed Taehyung's hand before it reached his gun and engulfed it in his, shining his brightest smile at the man "really? I don't recall seeing you before today though" he turned at his brother "do you, Taehyung?"

"No" the answer was sharp and immediate, his features stoic but his mind a turbulence.

"Well one thing about me is that I never forget a pretty face" Jungkook teased Taehyung, his eyes glancing at the brothers' intertwined hands "it was a month ago I think? You two were blacked out drunk"

"What?" Yoongi, Jimin, and Taehyung exclaimed all at once.

"Yeah! I remember you talking about how to... umm" he cleared his throat shyly "to seduce men and all, to which I said 'I'd happily be gay for you'" he smiled sheepishly at his embarrassing confession before he put his hand in his pocket, making Taehyung's body tense as he tried to loosen Jimin grasp on his hand fully believing they will be attacked at any moment now, but Jungkook ended up merely grabbing his phone 

"wait I think I took a video of you two, you were acting so cute I just had- oh!" and before he finished, his hand tripped causing his phone to slip and fall right in Jimin's hand.

"Impressive reflex man! Thank you" spoke Jungkook as he retrieved his phone from Jimin, the latter smiling politely at him.

"And questionable drinking habits" teased Yoongi with an all too amused smirk on his face "we'll make sure to address this later on, hm?" he whispered in Jimin's ear before he stepped in the elevator along with Jungkook.

"We should leave Taehyung. Now" murmured Jimin ever so calmly as he smiled and waved his boss goodbye.

"I thought that's what code red is for" retorted Taehyung annoyed "grab what you need from your office, I'll bring the motorbike and meet you at the company's back door."

The brothers parted ways as Jimin headed straight to his bureau to erase any last trace of his existence in ADT company, two months worth of time that felt like a lifetime in terms of memories, a period in his life where he dared to feel the most alive, and though it is a shame to have it end so soon,

Have it end so tragic,

Jimin was happy that even if it was temporary, and somewhat even fake, he was once genuinely and wholeheartedly loved by someone.

Taehyung's mind on the other hand raced with thoughts and possibilities as he made his way down the emergency stairs, knowing full well his face was hidden underneath the helmet when he encountered Jungkook the first time did nothing to ease his restlessness because there's something in that man's eyes... something that spoke directly to Taehyung and told him that he knew. Jungkookg knew. And so his ears rang with the sheer force of adrenaline that washed over his body for he and his brother willingly and unknowingly stepped with their own feet into the lion's den where going in is evidently an entirely different story from going out.