Chapter 76

I was glad that I'd listened to Chan

I was glad that I'd listened to Chan. We put on sweatpants and ordered cake. We watched reruns of This is Us and avoided any conversation about Agent Branson, Jessica, and JYP. We put our phones in the nightstand and pretended that they didn't exist. We fell asleep exhausted but content. The distractions had worked well enough.

Unfortunately, when I woke up the next morning, I was hungover and had to face reality. JYP was still very much in control. The fan service was nowhere near over. And so many audios were recorded with JYP having access to them to use as he pleased.

I forced myself to get out of bed and went for a run at the gym with Dmitri on guard to try to sweat out some of the alcohol before the bus ride. I didn't talk to him. I didn't know if he could be trusted.

Chan was still asleep when I got back.

I showered but finally had to wake him up so that he could eat something before we left.

He grumbled and groaned but eventually pulled himself out from under the blankets long enough to shower and force feed himself a bag of chips.

"We're traveling overnight," he yawned. "So make sure you have extra clothes, and a toothbrush, and whatever else you'll need packed in a backpack."

"Oh!" I hadn't known we'd be traveling overnight. I threw clothes, pajamas, and my yellow bag into my backpack alongside my makeup, hair brush, and phone charger.

"Can we stop by a drugstore before we leave? I want to grab some snacks."

"If you'll text Dmitri, he'll get it for you," Chan told me.

"Oh," I replied, "are we not allowed to go ourselves?"

"It's probably best to not walk around right now with it being daytime and the first day after all of the news. It was different at the club. It was dark and people were drunk," he explained. "Even with those conditions, someone still found us and put their hands on you."

"Oh, okay."

That made sense...

I texted Dmitri that I wanted lemonade and dark chocolate. He let me know he'd put some on the bus for me. I felt bad that Chan was feeling guilty still about the fan from last night. "The response from our post seems positive so far," I tried to lighten the mood.

"Good," he gave me a small smile and zipped up his suitcase.

I grabbed the hoodie I'd stolen from Chan a while back and threw it on over my tank top.

"Ready?" I asked. He nodded, and we went into the hallway. Unlike usual, we were the first ones there.

Seungmin emerged and gaped at us. "Oh my god! Guys! Look!" he called to the others in their rooms. They all gradually joined us in the hallway, equally sarcastic in their praise for us for being early for once.