Chapter 95

The entire ride to the venue, my leg shook anxiously

The entire ride to the venue, my leg shook anxiously. "Any more guesses?" Chan asked trying to distract me from my nerves by having me guess the surprise song again.

"Waiting for Us?" I threw out.

"Nope!" Chan grinned.

"Would you even tell me if I got it right?" I laughed.

"Probably not," his voice chimed. By the time the bus pulled to a stop, my stomach was in knots. Chan lined up first with Felix behind us as his parents were also inside.

The crowd around the venue was massive. I couldn't hear or see a thing with how many cheers and camera flashes were sounding off.

I smiled though and stood proudly beside Chan. Something that came easy to me from how adorably happy he looked.

We made it inside, and I spotted his family right away. My heart pounded aggressively. Chan walked over and hugged his parents and Hannah.

"You've been doing so great on tour," his mom complimented him which made his ears turned red.

"Thanks," he replied shyly. It was cute seeing how he still got flustered from compliments.

"And this must be Ella," his mom hugged me and Hannah did, too. I shook his dad's hand, hoping that he'd have a more positive reaction to seeing us together in person.

"Chan, you could've gotten a better ring," Hannah teased him as she reached for my hand to observe it more.

"I tried, but Ella wouldn't let me," Chan laughed.

"Why not?" his dad queried.

"Because I proposed at the moment with that one, and now she's attached to it," he put his arm around me and kissed my cheek. My face blushed pink.

His dad looked at it more closely, "Well I like it. It suits her."

I smiled and accepted the compliment...hoping that it was a compliment.

Chan and his family caught up on all things new back in Australia, and his dad kept eyeing me with some weird expression that I couldn't quite place. Eventually, Chan had to kick us out to get ready for the show, and we flagged down a guard to take us to our seats.

I put on the jersey that I'd brought to wear for the show over my shirt, and Chan's family smiled at it as we walked up the steps.

"Ella, can I speak with you for a moment?" his dad asked. I nodded nervously and stepped aside for Hannah to get by. She winked at me on her way up as if to give me luck

"Ella," he began once the others were out of earshot, "I want to apologize for the way I spoke to you when we first spoke. I judged you a bit too harshly."

"It's okay," I forgave him.

"It's not. I had assumed that you were only interested in my son because he's an idol, since you had met at the show. Or maybe even, and I'm embarrassed to admit this, just in it for the money. But I can see that's not true. I can see how much you two care about each other, and I'm very sorry. I'm really glad he has you."