Chapter 80

Chan and I spent the night appreciating each other for simply being alive

Chan and I spent the night appreciating each other for simply being alive. The accident could've gone so much worse.

Chan texted Lee Know to find out what was wrong with his hand and discovered that he'd stopped Han's head from slamming against the wall and had broken a few fingers. Chan got onto him for not telling him about it sooner, but Lee Know insisted that it wasn't a big deal.

The news of the crash had a lot of fans worried. We hadn't released any specifics on their injuries, and the theories were honestly far worse than the truth. Many were also confused as to why JYP wasn't being arrested for listening to the guys and why they were using my account to communicate. They were valid concerns, but the solutions were far out of reach for now. We had no way to stop JYP with Agent Branson being on his side, and JYP had made sure they had no way to get into any of their social media accounts by making them sign up with corporate emails that he could lock them out of.

So, with nothing to do, for now, Chan and I just sat back and spent the evening quietly with each other. We didn't talk much and for that, I was grateful. It was enough for me to be able to lay on his chest and feel comfortable and safe. And it was enough for Chan to know that I was here with him and alive.

After being lulled by the sounds of our own heartbeats, we each eventually fell asleep.

—————————————————————————

I awoke to Chan sitting up beside me and rubbing my back while he ate pancakes by dipping them into syrup. There was more food sitting there for me, but I wasn't feeling hungry yet.

"Good morning," he grinned at me. He took another bite and got a bit of syrup on the side of his mouth. I sat up and kissed it off of him, lapping my tongue over the sweetness.

"Good morning," I smiled. He seemed to be in a much better mood. "How are you feeling?"

"A lot better," he nodded and ate more food. "I have an idea!" He seemed excited by whatever it was, so I was already on board.

"What is it?"

"I got Dmitri's login credentials for the corporate site. I googled some simple code logic and found a backdoor to the audios. Unfortunately, I can't erase the ones JYP already has but I can hear them," he began. "I want to sneak one of the smaller ones into JYP's bag the next chance we get and record him with his own devices!"

"Chan," I answered worriedly, "That's illegal."

"No, no," he argued. "It's not. It's his devices and his software. We're just sort of hacking the system, but it's ethical hacking."

"That's not what ethical hacking is," I laughed. He had a point about the fact it was all JYP's stuff, though.

"Well, regardless, if he's not getting arrested, why should we? I just need something to hang over his head, so we can end fan service."