Chapter 74

I was fortunate that Chan had ordered soup because I was able to eat all of it quickly, and it required no effort or thought on my part about how I'd look after to anyone who noticed us

As he had promised, we took a short nap after eating before getting ready for the club. Chan fell asleep immediately beside me. He must've been so tired after everything we'd gone through today.

I had already slept a bit while he got his hair done, so I wasn't as sleepy. I pulled out my phone to check the reaction to our post. The comments seemed to be a mix of people saying they "knew he'd never do something like that" and others saying they were "glad we released a response."

It made me a bit sad to know that there were still people who would support a celebrity even with audios like that in the world, but I was glad our video seemed to have cleared Chan's name.

A very small minority of people thought Chan had paid me off to keep his reputation clean.

I chose a comment at random and replied, my truth cannot be bought.

Likes flooded in quickly. I set my phone down, pleased with the way we had handled everything.

My stomach cramped, and I cuddled into Chan to use him as my own personal heating pad. He always ran so warm.

Eventually, I fell asleep, too.

—————————————————————————

When I woke up, Chan was rubbing my back sweetly with one hand while speaking quietly into his phone with the other.

"...at the Vancouver show," he whispered, trying to keep quiet so as not to make me.

His hand went up and down my back as though it had never been created to do anything else.

"I think it would be nice to do a surprise for them since we aren't doing any other Canadian shows."

I snuggled into his chest and felt cozy and content. He looked down at me and smiled a dimply smile when he realized I was awake.

"Yes, right after the intermission. Before Maniac."

"What song?" I mouthed.

"Perfect, thank you," Chan ended the call. "Taste, but with all of us," he answered.

"Oooh!" I grinned. "That's one of my favorites. What part will you sing?"

"That's a secret," he smiled and kissed me on my forehead. "Are you ready to get dressed, or are you still tired?"

I yawned but announced, "I'm ready!"

He laughed and got up to head to the closet.

"What are you going to wear?"

"I'm thinking this," he held up a white satin shirt similar to the black one from yesterday. He tore off the t-shirt he had on and slid on the new shirt but didn't button it up yet.