Chapter 85

We walked to the bus and prepared for our drive to Vancouver

We walked to the bus and prepared for our drive to Vancouver. It was just a few hours away, and then we'd be at the hotel for their second-to-last show.

"Are you excited to perform Taste?" I asked Chan. He still hadn't told me what lines were his.

"I'm excited for you to see it," he grinned.

"I wonder if they'll find JYP soon," Seungmin mumbled, changing the conversation away from the positive topic we'd distracted ourselves with.

We'd heard no news of JYP but at least fans were believing us. We'd posted the audio, and it had gone viral with people sharing it to other platforms. Some people wanted to know what fan service was, but we didn't reply as it wasn't our business to out everyone.

"I hope so," Changbin answered, staring down at his broken arm.

The guys continued talking, but I was busy trying to explain away the video JYP had released to my family who weren't grasping the concept of a deepfake very easily.

Eventually, I just stopped answering because I was too tired to deal with it.

I slumped against Chan, and he rested his cheek against my head. At the border, they checked all of our passports, and we were let through.

We all ate and arrived at the hotel soon after we finished dinner. We unloaded the bus ourselves, and since there weren't many fans, we were able to get in easily. It was much easier than leaving Seattle had been.

We collected our hotel keys and made it to the room in record time.

I took out my phone and tried to keep reassuring my parents that the video wasn't real, but they didn't believe me.

I threw my phone down in frustration as I rolled my eyes.

"What's wrong, baby?" Chan asked.

I told him the situation, and he nodded apologetically.

"Maybe I can try explaining it," he offered.

"Be my guest," I answered sarcastically and fell back onto the bed.

I heard him typing for a while and his brows furrowed. He tossed the phone to the other bed and fell back beside me after just a few exchanged messages.

"No luck?" I laughed.

"Nope," he sighed.

"Chan?"

"Yes, Ella."

"What are we going to do once the tour is over?" I asked nervously. I'd been afraid to get into details, but we only had a couple of more shows left. I was running out of time.

"What do you mean?" he turned to me.

"Well... we've been living on the road, and our entire relationship has been a trip. What will we do once the tour is over? Where will we live? How will this work?" My stomach was in knots while I awaited his answer.