Chapter 82

And then time slammed into us

Chan was notified that the guards were there as well as the backup bus to take us to the venue. I readjusted my lipstick, and he slung his backpack on. He notified the guys, and we went into the hall to line up. Unfortunately, the fan from earlier had not kept her word.

Our guards were doing the best they could, but the hallway was flooded with people.

"Back up!" The guards shouted, trying to contain the crowd to one area of the hall.

They didn't listen though. Chan and I were swarmed and people reached and touched and grabbed at us.

Seungmin opened his door across from us and slammed it shut the second he saw everyone. Chan texted the others to stay inside. "Hey!" he called to one of the guards.

"Take us down room by room. It's too risky to have us all go at once," he called. The guard gave him a thumbs-up and said something into his headset.

People were tearing at our clothes and shouting. I huddled into Chan as closely as possible, but he was being ripped away from me. Someone was trying to get into his backpack where we had the recording devices stored, but I managed to keep it shut.

We continued walking but a fan wedged between us. I tried to keep moving forward but lost my grip on his backpack when someone pulled me back.

"Chan!" I cried out. It felt so much like our first date, and I knew being separated from him could mean that I got hurt. I tried to push through but they wouldn't let me.

He turned around right away and eyed me worriedly. "Back up!" he shouted. They didn't listen. He struggled against them but managed to push his way back to me and grabbed my hand.

"They're trying to unzip your bag," I shouted in his ear.

Chan seemed frustrated, but he called for the closest guard to the elevator and tore off his bag. He tossed it in the air and fans jumped to try to grab it. Luckily, the guard lunged and snatched it first.

"I'll hold on to you from behind, walk us towards the elevator, okay?" Chan instructed me.

I nodded and he secured himself around my waist. We took small steps forward, and Chan squeezed my sides to keep himself glued to me.

"You're doing so good, baby. Almost there," he whispered. I felt a kiss of encouragement on my neck and continued on.

Fans continued to claw at us. One grabbed my hand, and I had to fight to pull it away before she could grab my ring. Eventually, though, we made it to the guard with Chan's backpack.

There was a barricade blocking the elevators so at least we were safe here. Chan checked his bag and everything was fortunately still there.