Chapter 91

When I got up the next morning, Chan was already dressed and packed

When I got up the next morning, Chan was already dressed and packed. I felt chilly and realized he'd gotten me an ice pack and had put it on my neck for me.

He heard me squirming and turned around.

"Hey, how are you feeling?" he asked as he moved to sit on the bed. I couldn't focus on the question though because his hair was back to normal.

I sat up excitedly and ran my fingers through it with a huge smile.

"Better?" he asked with a dimpled grin.

I nodded and kissed him.

"See, I knew you didn't like the blonde," he laughed.

"I liked it in theory," I joked, "But I like your natural hair more. It suits you."

"Sure," Chan rolled his eyes teasingly and continued packing. "Our flight leaves in a couple of hours, so we need to leave soon."

I gasped and looked at the clock. It was already 11.

"Why didn't you wake me!" I complained and went to brush my teeth. Chan came up behind me and began braiding my hair as he had on the bus once before.

"I tried," he chuckled. "But you needed the sleep. Yesterday was a lot."

He finished my hair and went back to the room. I finished my makeup and hurried back towards my bag to find that he'd already laid my clothes out for me.

He wasn't even paying attention enough to realize how kind it was of him to do that.

I changed and came back. He'd chosen a tank top mock turtleneck (to hide my bruising) and a tennis skirt. I slipped into my sneakers instead of my boots.

"Thank you," I kissed his cheek and helped him pack the rest of our things. I found the tie that he had worn yesterday beside our bed and realized he must've forgotten it.

I handed it to him, and he rolled it into a ball and tossed it into his backpack haphazardly. I laughed and finished collecting my own items from the bathroom. Once done, Chan ordered an Uber, and we were headed to the airport.

He didn't stop staring at me the entire drive. It made me self-conscious, and I kept fidgeting.

"What?" I finally asked him.

"What do you mean?" he seemed to have no idea what I was talking about.

"Why are you staring?" I laughed.

"I'm just happy to be here with you," he replied sweetly. He held his hand out for mine, and I stared out the window while my face flushed. I felt lucky, too.

...until we got to the airport. Somehow the entire media had found out about our travel plans and had shown up to document it. Chan and I unloaded our luggage, and he held my arm to keep me close to him while we navigated to TSA. Some fans spotted him as well and tried to run up. It was chaotic, and after everything yesterday, a little scary.