Chapter 79

Chan explained everything to Dmitri

Chan explained everything to Dmitri. He told him about the recordings and about what Jessica had told us. Judging by his response, we decided that he was being honest. He hadn't known about any of it. Maybe JYP knew he was too close to Chan to trust him to help with all of his torturous schemes.

Dmitri seemed so scared for us and for himself. His family drove the rest of the way here to see him, and we left to give him his privacy. At least he'd be safe now.

"JYP canceled the show tomorrow," Seungmin told us when we rejoined everyone.

"Let's un-cancel it," Chan growled. His eyes were dark and purposeful.

Chan asked for my phone, and he and Seungmin recorded an announcement that the show would still be going on tomorrow. I secretly worried that they should've just taken the rest day. Chan just had stitches put in, Felix had a concussion, and Changbin's arm was broken. Not to mention, they all went through something very traumatic today.

Chan posted the clip, though, and continued on and towards the front of the hospital. There was a car dropping off the luggage they'd found on the bus. Chan signed for it and called a bus company to bring them the rest of the way to Seattle.

He was handling every situation and taking charge while the others stayed inside together bonding and working through the events of the day. He was a real leader, and I was witnessing firsthand exactly what that meant.

The others had the luxury of not having to worry about semantics and, without even being asked, Chan was making sure that everything behind the scenes was being managed. He also called the venue and made sure they knew that the show was still on. He called the hotel and rebooked the rooms since JYP had canceled them. Some of the rooms were already taken now, but we still had 6 left. A couple of people would have to share which was fine since Felix was going to need someone to help him stay awake anyway, and Han and Lee Know would be perfectly fine sharing.

I followed Chan around, helping when I could. The bus arrived, and I notified the guys while Chan helped load the luggage. The others piled on for the trip to Seattle, and I excused myself to say goodbye to Dmitri before we left. Chan insisted on joining me.

He paid Dmitri the rest of his salary for the tour out of his own pocket and told him to stay in Seattle where he'd be safe. Dmitri and his family were endlessly grateful.

"That was really generous of you," I told Chan on the walk back to the bus.

"He's in this situation because he was trying to help us." Chan shook his head in frustration, and we joined the others for the drive.

Lee Know had a splint on his hand that he was trying to conceal behind Han. I eyed it but he shook his head, begging me not to tell Chan.

Chan explained the situation with the hotel rooms and Changbin volunteered to stay with Felix. Jeongin insisted that Changbin needed sleep though and the two argued over who would stay with him until eventually Chan broke up the argument and told Hyunjin to do it instead.