Chapter 1 - Percy's POV

When we were eating dinner in the Dining Pavilion, Annabeth received a text on her iPhone 14 Pro. She wasn't supposed to have a phone because it attracts monsters, but she kept it around for emergencies. The fact that she got a text on her phone would be pretty alarming. Despite this, she smiled and told me that her sister had just arrived at camp. Since Annabeth was a daughter of Athena, she had many siblings. Still, Annabeth wanted me to meet her sister.

After we had finished eating, Annabeth brought me over to the Archery Range. To be honest, I thought this was pretty strange. Children of Athena usually don't use bows and arrows. They normally gravitate toward spears, daggers, and other weapons kind of like that. Archery was more of an Apollo thing. Still, Annabeth and I walked over to the Archery Range. When we got there, there was a big group of campers all crowded around a girl that seemed to be one of the best archers in the world. We moved in close and watched the girl fire an arrow into the target. There was already an arrow stuck in the middle of the target. As soon as the girl let the arrow fly, it soared to the target and split the first arrow down the middle as it stuck in the target. She had an Airpod in one ear and was nodding along to Don't Blame Me by Taylor Swift while humming the tune. I had no idea how she could be so accurate in her shooting while concentrating on the music.

The girl definitely looked like Annabeth, they had the same sandy blond hair and stormy gray eyes. But this girl's hair was much longer than Annabeth's and I was kind of surprised that the girl had blond hair. Children of Athena have darker hair colors, except for Annabeth and this girl apparently. Despite this, she definitely looked like a child of Athena, with gray eyes that studied you like she was trying to figure out the best way to defeat you. But she was unnaturally beautiful. She looked perfect, not even a wrinkle in her camp t-shirt. This girl would make the entire Aphrodite cabin jealous. After she shot a couple more arrows into the target, the girl finally noticed us and took her Airpod out of her ear.

"Oh, my gods! Annabeth!" The girl said running toward us to hug Annabeth.

"Hi, Carys! It's so good to see you again!" Annabeth said. With Carys and Annabeth now standing next to each other, it was very clear that they were sisters, but they still had some pretty big differences. Annabeth seemed more reserved, her mind always working, never really just thinking about one thing at a time. Carys seemed more laid back, like a cat stretching out in the sunlight. She had a kind of sense about her that made you feel relaxed and at ease. But I could feel that she was hiding something.

"You must be Percy! Annabeth told me so much about you! It's so good to finally meet you!" Carys said as she hugged me.

"Nice to meet you too, so Carys, are you staying all year or just until the end of the summer?" I asked.

"I'm not staying that long. I have to get home in a couple of days." She replied.

"Oh, cool, so do you live in New York City?" I asked, "And what does your mortal father do?" Look, I know the questions I asked were kind of weird and maybe even a little stalker-ee, but I had to know.

"Um... yeah I live in Manhattan, and my dad is a uh... doctor." She replied vaguely. "I'd love to stay and chat, but I have to talk to Chiron and Dionysus, I'll meet you guys at the central hearth later. Oh! And I want to meet your other friends. Jason, Piper, Leo, Calypso, Frank, Hazel, Will, and Nico? Can you bring them with you later? Thanks. Ok, bye!" She slung her bow over her shoulder and ran toward the big house.

After she left I turned to Annabeth and asked "Did she call Mr. D by his real name? I thought campers weren't supposed to do that. And why did she take so many pauses when she was answering me? Have you met her dad?" There is something off about Carys and I'm gonna figure out what it is.

"Come on Seaweed Brain, you put her on the spot with those creepy questions! And well, come to think of it, I never have met her father before, but I've seen a lot of pictures of him and he looks really nice." Annabeth replied, slapping my arm. "Look, I know Carys. She isn't hiding anything."

 "You don't think there is something off about her?" I was very surprised. Usually, she figures out that people aren't who they say they are faster than me. There is something off about Carys and I'm gonna figure out what it is.