Chapter 27 - Annabeth's POV

We returned to Mount Olympus a few days later and prepared for the worst. Carys, Nico, and Percy were finally healed. We were all on edge. They could attack at any moment. We were at school the next day when immediately, the room of our Battle Strategy class went dark. We heard flapping wings and guttural cries of monsters.

"What's going on?" Piper asked as Athena grabbed her spear and shield. She looked around studying the walls.

"BRACE YOURSELVES!" Athena shouted as we all grabbed our weapons and the windows exploded as giant dark bat-like creatures flew in. We ran into the hallways as every other class did the same, slashing, blocking, and shooting arrows at the monsters. Walter was even shooting maple syrup at some monsters.

We ran through the school with the other students to the football field. A thick dark fog rolled in and that was when Carys's bow and arrows melted into water, Leo's flames dissipated, Nico's shadows ceased, Will's light faded, Percy's water turned to mist, Jason fell from the sky and his wind and lightning disappeared, and Hazel's gems turned to dirt. "AHHH!!!!" I screamed as a sharp pain went through my head and I dropped to my knees. Putting my hands on the sides of my head even though it did nothing for the pain.

"Annabeth!! What happened?" Percy said, running to my side and holding my shoulders.

"The fog is draining our powers!" Zephyr shouted over the screams of the monsters while slashing through five of them with his sword.

"Where is it coming from?" Piper yelled while stabbing a monster.

"Over there!" Nico pointed toward a small dark void as he was being held down by three monsters.

"Someone please deal with that? I'm a little preoccupied at the moment." Nya said as she was holding off four monsters.

"On it!" Calypso said, grabbing two potions and charging at the void. Leaping into the air and doing this spinning move, she threw the potions at the void and a bright light flashed as they exploded together. The fog turned into vapor and dissipated.

We didn't have long to celebrate as the bat monsters grew very angry. They took off flying into the air and returning to the site of the void.

"WE DID IT!!!!!!!" Leo said, pumping his fist in the air. He turned to us with a big smile. Unbeknownst to him, there was something behind him. We all stared at it. "What are you guys looking..." Leo started and turned. "Oh crud."