Chapter 18 - Carys's POV

"Oh my gods Carys. You were so flirting with Zephyr back there!" Annabeth said to me when we got to the kitchen.

"I was not!" I said, feeling my cheeks burn.

"Seriously?" Will said.

"Yeah! Why have you not stopped smiling since Zephyr left?" Annabeth asked.

"It's nothing! I'm just happy that homecoming is next week!" I said.

"Suuuuure. Your face lit up when Zephyr said that he liked you." Annabeth said with her arms crossed.

"Okay. Fiiiiiine. I'm so happy that he stayed and actually listened to me. I mean Zephyr literally defended me to his girlfriend! And he said, 'Only for you Care.'" I said getting so excited that I let out a little squeal.

"Just between us three, I think Zephyr and Gemma are going to break up before the hoco dance on October 7th," Annabeth said. "I still can't believe the dance is going to be outside on the football field. It is going to be a great day."

"Yeah! It's gonna be great! Poseidon puts a giant water dome over the stadium so that it doesn't get too cold in there. It's literally a month before my birthday!" I said, trying to not show my excitement too much.

"Wait, what? Your birthday is exactly five months after Will's?" Annabeth asked.

"Yeah. Mine is July 7th and hers is on November 7th." Will replied.

"Carys, I know it's a weird question to ask, but I need to know," Annabeth said. She looked really nervous. "All of our demigod siblings were born out of Mom's thoughts... so I was wondering if we were born that way or..."

"The natural way? Yeah, you and I are the only children of Athena born the natural way." I replied with a laugh. "Any other normal or weird questions?"

"What day was I born on?" Annabeth asked. It was so sad. About seven years ago she had found out that her father was Apollo and that she was supposed to be immortal, so she didn't know what parts of her life were real or fake.

"December 14," I said. "I was so excited that I was getting a sister the day before, that dad had to stay up with me while I ran around the house for 3 hours straight." Annabeth smiled, but she still looked troubled. "What's wrong?" I asked.

"Nothing," Annabeth replied, but her face told otherwise. I was about to ask her about it when our dad walked up from behind. "Hi Dad," Annabeth said, changing the subject. "You're home early."

"Yeah, I put the Sun Chariot in Tesla mode and just let it self-drive. Saved me a lot of time to get your mom a necklace for our anniversary." Apollo replied.

"How many years is this?" Will asked.

"Um, I think this is year 971. We got married about 10 months before Carys was born." Apollo replied. "Don't you three have some homework or something you should be doing?" He asked with a slight smile.

"Yeah, we were just talking. We're going to do our homework right now. Right, guys?" I said.

"Yeah. We'll get it done before dinner." Will replied.

"You do that," Apollo said, walking away.

I walked into my room and closed the door. I slid down on the wall and just sat on the floor for a few minutes. I'm not the diary-writing type, but if I was I would be writing about that exact moment. I danced around my room a little bit while I hummed my favorite love songs. After that, I collapsed in one of my beanbag chairs and just sat there in silence with a big smile on my face. My greatest fantasies were that much closer to becoming reality.