Chapter 13 - Annabeth's POV

I had just finished reading one of the books from my library when I heard Carys's voice traveling from her room. She was singing the song You Belong With Me by Taylor Swift. (Carys is a huge fan of Taylor Swift, mainly because Taylor is her half-sister as a daughter of Apollo and also because her songs are amazing) I left my room and walked next door to Carys's room. The door was cracked open, so I let myself in. Her room was amazing. She had a loft bed in one corner, with bookshelves lining every wall and archery targets everywhere with hundreds of arrows stuck in them. There were pictures of her friends and her on almost every wall. Near her bed were lots of pictures of her and Zephyr over the years and close to her desk were some pictures of her and Nya and even of her and Will. I didn't notice it at first, but there were also pictures of me and her. When we were at our old high school when we were at Camp Half-Blood and one that we took last night in our MOH uniforms.

Carys was sitting on her loft bed, her legs dangling off the side of the bed. She was playing a guitar and singing. Will was sitting on one of the beanbag chairs and was shooting arrows at one of the targets with a golden longbow.

"Oh, hi Annabeth. Wanna join us? What's up?" Carys said. I closed the door and she jumped off the side of her bed to the ground.

"Okay, spill. What's going on between you and Zephyr?" I asked, my arms crossed.

"Oh yeah. I want to hear about this." Will said, putting the bow down. "She won't tell me anything!"

"Ugh. Nothing! It's just a silly crush!" Carys said, blushing.

"See?" Will said.

"And he doesn't like you?" I asked.

"No! He doesn't know. And I'm not going to tell him. He has a girlfriend. I can't do anything about that." She replied unhappily.

"That's such a lie. I can see so much chemistry there." Will said.

"Oh shut up." Carys said, shaking her head at Will.

"Wait who is he dating?" I asked.

"You don't know her. Gemma, goddess of Teenage girls. She doesn't show it to any of the guys at school, but she is the meanest goddess on Mount Olympus. Her twin brother Ben, the god of Teenage boys is just as annoying and thinks he is good at everything. He also has a really bad case of acne. She thinks she is so special just because her dad is Hercules. If you can't tell, I hate both of them." Carys said.

"Oh we can tell." Will said, smirking.

"Have you told Zephyr that?" I asked.

"No, but Nya has, and of course, he doesn't believe her. But he also got kind of mad when Nya threatened Gemma a couple of times. Don't get me wrong, it was the funniest thing in the world when I saw Gemma's expression when Nya held up a dagger in her face." Carys replied.

"Why haven't we seen her around?" Will asked, "If she's Zephyr's girlfriend, wouldn't she be sitting with us at lunch or something?"

"No, because Gemma hates Nya and me, and trust me the feeling is mutual," Carys said. "Now do you have anything else to lecture me on?"

"Nope. Just checking on you and William Andrew." I said, laughing.

"Wow you just had to middle name me." Will said, crossing his arms.

"Well, I appreciate it. To be honest, it's nice having you guys to talk about boys with. I used to tell Nya, but she doesn't care and mostly just spends time figuring out how to exact revenge on Mike. Anyway, how are you two feeling after your first day?" Carys asked.