Chapter 8 - Percy's POV

This house is sick! Every room was immediately nicer than anything that I had seen in the mortal world. Yet even though it was so fancy, it was still homey and just made you want to relax. My room was so cool! My bed is basically in a pirate ship, and I can pretend to sail whenever I want! (Don't tell the others that I was playing make-believe pirate ship. Leo would never let me hear the end of it and now that we are immortal, forever would be a long time to be continuously teased by Leo.)

We followed Carys into the dining room and took our seats at the long table. The table had fourteen chairs, but tonight there were only thirteen of us. Athena sat at the head of the table, with Apollo in the seat on her left. Carys sat next to Apollo, Annabeth sat across from Apollo, I sat next to Annabeth, Will sat next to Carys, Nico sat next to Will, Jason sat next to me, Piper sat next to Jason, Leo sat next to Piper, Calypso sat next to Leo, Hazel sat next to Nico, and Frank sat next to Hazel. Athena and Apollo had made us a delicious dinner of steak with a nectar reduction sauce, mashed potatoes cooked in ambrosia, and a salad with a nectar vinaigrette. They even had some vegetarian dishes for Piper! It tasted so good! I usually prefer blue food, but this came in a close second.

After dinner, we went back to our rooms. Tomorrow, Carys is going to show us around our new school, Mount Olympus High. Even in my super comfortable new room, I still had a hard time falling asleep. Throughout the night, I tossed and turned. In less than 24 hours, I had gone from a kid at Camp Half-Blood to a minor god. At around three AM, I was done trying to get some sleep. I changed out of my pajamas and walked out of my room. There was a light on in the living room, so I went to check out what was going on there.

I found Carys alone in the living room and practicing attacks against dummies made out of snow. Her eyes were closed but she still knew exactly where to strike. Carys tapped her bow twice on the ground and it turned into a long icy spear, she then sliced through a couple more dummies.

"Hi Percy, couldn't sleep?" She said, changing her spear back into a bow. She got rid of the snow dummies and sat down on the couch. "You okay?" She asked.

"Yeah, it's just a lot to take in. You know, becoming immortal and all." I said sitting down.

"You'll be fine. It gets easier." Carys said.

"No offense, but how would you know?" I asked.

"Being the only daughter of Athena on Mount Olympus was hard. My half-siblings from Apollo didn't accept me in the beginning. They were jealous that our dad married my mom and lived with my mom and me. I didn't have that many friends for a long time in elementary school. It wasn't until I was in second grade that I found a true friend. My Aunt Artemis adopted a little mortal girl over the summer between first and second grade. The girl was too young to join the Hunters of Artemis and no mortal families would take her because they thought she was cursed since her birth mother was a daughter of Hades and her birth father was a son of Loki who had died at the hand of an unknown Egyptian god. My Aunt Artemis decided to take her in and raise her. Zeus made her a goddess, and now, she is one of my best friends. Since she is my adopted cousin, it helped a bit, but we still gravitated toward each other. My point is, eventually, even if it takes a while, you will find your place here on Mount Olympus. Wow. It's getting late or should I say early. You should probably try and get some sleep. You guys have got a big day ahead of you tomorrow. Night Percy." Carys said.

Carys walked over to the stairs and stopped. "You and your friends will be fine here. You're all so strong. Far stronger than I am." She walked up the stairs leaving me sitting on the couch, her words echoing in my mind.