Chapter 14 - Carys's POV

I really hoped Annabeth was okay after she discovered that her father was actually Apollo and that she was supposed to be a goddess. When Annabeth grabbed my arm, she discovered her power to read people's minds. As a goddess of thought, she has all powers over thought. She can read minds, search through memories, telepathically talk with people, and even influence thoughts. She has always had this power since the day she was born but only discovered it when she regained her immortality.

I felt really bad for Annabeth. Her entire world had been turned upside down. She wasn't even a half-blood anymore. After discovering who she really was, Annabeth ran to her room and slammed the door shut. The walls of her room are soundproof, so I couldn't listen in.

"What just happened?" Will asked.

"Um. Well, Annabeth is our sister." I said, explaining to him what happened with her reading my mind, and how Apollo and Athena had to turn her mortal.

When Annabeth didn't come downstairs for dinner that night, I was starting to get worried. I told my parents that Annabeth knew her true identity and that she saw the entire memory I had of the day she left. My parents said they would talk to her.

I tried to make the most of the evening despite that. It was mostly me and Will just in my room listening to breakup songs and shooting arrows at the various targets around my room. Will refused to leave me alone because he knew I was going to try to talk to Annabeth and he wanted to be there when I did. Whenever I get very emotional, I can't control my powers that well, so part of my room was soon covered in ice and snow. I tried to do some homework to take my mind off everything that was happening with Annabeth. After I was about halfway through trying to help coach Will with how to play an E chord on the ukulele, we got bored and left my room.

Will and I went downstairs, got a tray full of desserts and a few of glasses of nectar and headed upstairs. I knocked on the door of Annabeth's room and slipped a note under the door that read, "We're here for you. And we bring snacks. ♡ Carys and Will."

Annabeth said that we could come in so I opened the door and walked inside. She was curled up in a ball on her bed, with tears staining her cheeks. Scattered across the floor were ripped-up pictures of toddler-her and Frederick. I could tell that she had printed out copies so that she didn't rip up the originals, but it didn't do anything to help her emotionally. I set the tray down on the bed and sat down next to her with Will on her other side.

"Was my whole life a lie? Am I even a daughter of Athena?" Annabeth asked.

"Annabeth, you're our sister. I'm so sorry I didn't tell you. I kept thinking that I was sparing you some sort of worry. But I should have come clean. You are... an amazing goddess." I told her. "I love you, sis," I said.

"I love you too... you too, Will. I guess it is pretty cool that I have a new brother and sister." Annabeth replied, hugging me and will. We just sat there in silence eating our snacks with Annabeth resting her head on my shoulder.