Chapter 19 - Annabeth's POV

Superbowl 58 just ended. The Chiefs won, so if you're a Niners fan like me, sorry, but go Taylor Swift's boyfriend I guess. Camp Jupiter was devastated when the Niners lost. 

Everyone was really excited for the football game later that night. Especially Carys since she was now dating one of the best football players on the team. But Zephyr looked really nervous after the excitement had died down from the news of his new relationship, before we were all about to go back inside for class, he turned to Carys.

"Um, Care, I know it's really last minute, but I was wondering if you maybe wanted to, um, go to Homecoming, with me?" Zephyr asked Carys.

"Of course! I would love to!" Carys said before she kissed him. I've known Zephyr for more than seven years now, and this is the first time I've seen him actually happy.

After school, Zephyr and Nya didn't stop by our house today, so we dropped them off at their houses before stopping at our house. Carys, Will, and I went upstairs to her room. As soon as I closed the door, both Carys and I started squealing while Will just laughed at us.

"Oh my gods! Can you believe it? Zephyr picked me! And we're going to Hoco together! This is the best day of my life!" Carys said. She was talking so fast that I knew she was really excited.

"I'm so happy for you!" I said. I really was. Carys deserves to be happy.

Will and I went back to our rooms to change for the football game. We would wear all white, so that when we threw colored powder up in the air, we would get covered and turn our school colors which were teal and gold.

We all went to the football game together and had a lot of fun. When we all woke up that Saturday morning, there was a buzz in the air. Everyone was so excited for the Homecoming dance. The boys had all left that morning to get gifts for their homecoming dates. Piper's mom had treated us girls to a spa day and hair and makeup appointments.

That night, we were all getting ready in our rooms. The boys were all downstairs in their nice clothes, relaxing in the living room. Us girls were still upstairs, but we were all ready and hanging out in Carys' room.

"Why don't we play truth or dare or two truths and a lie?" Piper suggested. We decided on truth or dare and trust me, Piper can think of some hilarious dares. Maybe its a child of Aphrodite thing. We played that for about fifteen minutes before it was time to go downstairs.

We walked down as a group to meet the boys and then it was off to MOH for the Homecoming dance. When we walked in, the girls were immediately given lightup flower crowns they even gave one to Nico which Will was thrilled about. There was so much to do that we didn't know where to start. We first took some pictures at the photobooth and the 360 photo booth and then we went to play some arcade games. Carys and Will were really good at ax throwing for some reason. When I asked them where they learned, they both said that they had never thrown an ax in their lives. We then went to get air tattoos and each one of us got matching Star Wars lightsabers. Why? Who knows.

The girls went and got henna tattoos and then met the boys at the casino area to play some blackjack. After that we braved the mosh pit to jump up and down to some of our favorite loud music while screaming the lyrics to the best songs ever.

"You are somebody that we don't know! But you're coming at my friends like a missile! Why are you mad? When you could be GLAAD? Sunshine on the street at the parade! But you would rather be in the dark ages! Making that sign! Must've taken all night! You just need to take several seats and try to restore the peace and sontrol your urges to scream at all the people you hate! CAUSE SHADE NEVER MADE ANYBODY LESS GAY!" Everyone pumped their fist up in the air with the beat after that last lyric. Will, Carys, and I screamed the loudest. It's a child of Apollo thing.