Chapter 26 - Carys's POV

Percy, Nico, and I ran as fast as we could despite our injuries. You would think that being immortal would prevent you from getting hurt but trust me. The only thing immortality does is keep you from dying.

"WE KNOW YOU'RE HERE. JUST LEAD US TO CARINA AND YOU CAN GO FREE." The all too familiar voice boomed. My memory is fuzzy, but Annabeth showed me the memory that Apollo showed her. I started breathing heavily.

"Carys? Carys, are you okay?" Nico asked me. I wasn't okay. A sense of overwhelming fear passed over me.

"T-tha-that v-voice. T-they w-want R-Ri-Ri. I-I can't. I c-can't!" I stuttered, my heart beating faster and faster. A tear slid down my cheek.

"Carys, look at me. Annabeth is strong. Whoever it is, they aren't going to take her. I promise you." Percy said to me. I managed to catch my breath then we ran and hid behind Zeus's Fist.

"What are we going to do? Shadow traveling isn't working." Nico asked. I had one idea, but I wasn't sure if it would work.

Chanting in Ancient Greek, I kneeled on the ground and raised my hands over my head. A flurry of snow surrounded my hands as a stream of ice created a small doorway in the air. The ice started glowing and I crawled through the portal with Percy and Nico on my heels.

"Dad!" I said, climbing out of the portal. My dad, Apollo, was helping care for the wounded campers. He had a cut on his left cheek that was bleeding ichor and he seemed to be favoring his right leg. His blond hair had some specks of ash in it and his blue eyes were clouded over. He looked very stressed and nervous. He wasn't smiling which was definitely out of character for him. He finally noticed me and ran over to hug me.

"Carys! Sweetheart, are you okay? I was so worried!" Apollo said, hugging me. "What happened to your wrist?" He asked, examining it and determining that it was broken. He snapped his fingers and instructed me to put on a wrist brace before working on Percy's leg while Will examined Nico's shoulder. As I was resting on one of the chairs, Annabeth came over to me.

"Percy told me about how you helped him and Nico. I just wanted to say thank you." Annabeth said.

"Of course, they're basically my brothers with you and Will dating them and all. And family sticks together." I said.