20

'It's a slow burn for me

When every person left, Jude was left alone

Once Laura left him torn apart in his room, he had debated if he wanted to even come back to the living room, knowing the efforts putting on a fake smile would take him. But he did, because he knew that not making any apparences would be even worse.

Once Jobe saw his brother, it didn't take much time to understand that his puffy eyes and Laura storming out a dozen of minutes earlier were related. Without being not polite, Jude's little brother indicated to the guests that it was time to leave. 

Once it was just the two of them, he asked him if everything was fine to which Jude shrugged. Knowing his brother so well, Jobe nodded and headed to the guest room after wishing him a good night.

When his body hit the couch, everything became more real.

He had said words that hurt her, he had hurt her.

He hated himself.

But she had not believe him, she had choose to trust Ricardo and not her best friend from six years.

He hated her.

No. He couldn't say that. He could never hate her.

His heart was beating so fast he felt like it wasn't beating at all. What if he lost her for real this time ? Or maybe she would come around soon ? Yes she probably would, she couldn't live without him. But she would be better at it than her, that was for sure.

Sighing, Jude tried to remember of a good memory. Something peaceful that would quiet his breathing and thoughts down.

All of those memories had her in them. But that wasn't necessarily a bad thing. Maybe if he close his eyes hard enough, he'd think she was here with him. He could almost smell her perfume if he thought about it.

'Did you emptied your whole bottle this morning or what ?' The sixteen years old boy laughed at the girl while trying to open the house door.

'I forgot I already put it on, so I put it twice, that's all.' She smiled back. 'You don't like the smell of it ?' She asked, to which he nodded no. Laura got closer to him trying to hug him and to put his head in her neck where the perfume had been splashed a few hours ago.

The young boy squealed and escaped by entering the house to which he had finally opened the door.

Laura followed Jude into his house still laughing. As soon as she entered the house, she got her shoes and jacket off.