26

'Fuck it if I can't have us, I might just not get up'

Jude had left training slightly earlier today, being eager to go home to his girlfriend

It had been a few days that the two young adults hadn't seen each other, both of them being too busy between match days and published books. Since the mother of the brunette had showed up at her door, Laura seemed to need more physical attention. As if the girl was craving a comforting touch to be held in, but Jude was the last person to complain. It had been a month now that every time one of the young lover would show themselves at the other one's apartment, the two fo them would always find their way back into each other's arms.

The footballer had planned the whole night the day prior. Laura was supposed to meet up with the editor of the new book she had been translating lately at 4pm, which meant she would be at his around 5pm knowing that the meet up would last more or less forty minutes and she would take a good twenty minutes to reach his house. So when the clock reached 4:30pm, indicating the end of Jude's work day, the boy hurried to get home as soon as he could. Hopelessly thinking that maybe he had messed up his math and his girlfriend would show up earlier than expected.

His chauffeur stopped in front of the building, letting the time the boy needed to grab his bag that had been laid down on the seat next to him when he entered the car. Politely saying goodbye to the man behind the wheel before closing the car door, Jude lighted his phone screen plastering 4:45pm.

Looking up from the screen, his eyes met up with a feminine silhouette. The first thought lurking in his mind was how disappointed he was that the woman standing in front of him was not his.

A tall brunette with gorgeous green eyes and a tiny waist stood there, her eyes locked in his. Jude frowned, he was sure that it wasn't the first time his eyes met those girl's ones. Her familiar face gave him a small smile that looked strangely awkward, she felt out of place too.

'Hi.' The word left her mouth and flashbacks flashed in Jude's mind.

How could he even forget about this ? The woman with who he had spend the night before the incident with Laura. It was the last time Jude had touched a woman in this way other than his Laura.

He still remembered the regret eating him alive, how he had to swallow the bitterness of his actions. He had felt so guilty about what he did to himself and to the girl he loved so desperately that the face of the woman he had sinned with had been blurred.

Nora.

The name echoed in his mind. Jude could have scoffed, realising how ironic it was for him to sleep with a girl named Nora when he was desperately trying to forget about his Laura.

But here she was, wearing a jean and some blouse. She looked different than last time, without her vivid red dress and black high heels.

'Why are you here ?' Jude asked, feeling the sour taste come back in the back of his throat as he walked past her to reach his front door.