27

'All those times that you didn't leave, it's been occurring to me, I'd like to hang out with you for my whole life'

Laura rolled on her side as her eyes met the slight light in the room. Her eyes fluttering, getting used to the change of luminosity as her mind slowly woke up. Filling her lungs with the air surrounding her, the brunette turned around to be met by empty bedsheets.

As she frowned, Laura's hand reached to touch the cold mattress where her lover was missing. Jude's phone was still sitting on the bedside table from where he had put it earlier.

The woman felt a pinch in her heart at the thought of earlier, wishing she was still asleep somewhere far where she could avoid all the problems the prior afternoon had brought.

When Jude, a few hours ago, had explained to his girlfriend what was going on, Laura's lungs broke down for a minute. A tsunami of thoughts came over her fragile mind and she had to hold herself back to not fold in the boy's living room. Reminding herself that she had to be the strong one once her eyes met her lover's ones.

Jude looked like a terrified little boy that was forced to go to a school so far away from all his friends. Like a toddler that wasn't ready to grow up yet, about to fall on his knees and beg for things to never change. And if Laura had the power to, she would have made everything come to back to normal. But the again, if Laura had the power to, she would do everything Jude ever asked her to.

After Nora left the apartment, a silence took her place. No arguments or slammed doors, just a deep and imposing silent. After a few dozen of minutes, Laura kissed her boyfriend on the cheek and broke the silence as a small "goodnight" escaped her lips.

Jude was prepared to see her grab her bag and shoes and leave him alone here, to which he would have thought he only had it coming, but she stayed. So, sighing, Jude followed her in the room and laid down next to her. He thought that maybe at some point the sleep will meet him, even if he had to grab Morpheus' arms and wrap them around his body himself. But the god never came and Jude felt lonelier than ever, laying in the bed, encircled by quietness. The calmed breathing of his asleep girlfriend would have usually calmed him down, but nothing seemed the quiet the thoughts, not even her lingering perfume.

Grabbing some sweat shirt throwned on the hard wood floor, Laura got up and left the room. Checking the empty bathroom on her way. The woman headed toward the living room where she knew Jude would be.

The room was dark, the boy had not turned on any light living the colours of the city and the dark blue sky somewhat lighting the place. The woman leaned on the door frame as she let her eyes fall on the man's silhouette.

Jude was sitting on the couch, his face turned to the opposite direction and eyes wandering somewhere, lost in the perceptibles illuminations sprinkled on the dark streets. Both of his hands tightly hodlding a cup of tea with the teabag still floating. The woman admired the sight as she felt the slight chatter on her heart.