24

'Je veux que nos caresses emmêlées soient notre essence, que nos ivresses soient le fruit de réjouissance'

There were time where life was surrounding Laura. Like a boat slowly drifting into the water while being brutally attacked by an angry sea.

An overwhelming feeling that lasted for hours. So long that even if it stopped, the lingering pain would hide it.

Everytime she would be able to catch some air, desperately sticking her face out of the water, it would feel unreal. It could never fail to give her hope.

Oh hope.

The feeling that she could make it out of it, out of the thoughts, the words, the mirrors.

The bare seconds she had to breathe healed the little girl agonizing inside.

But the water always came back, the force coming from the deep sea always pulled her down, she always swallowed water.

So what was the point of hope if the storm always catched her.

Jude.

He was the point.

He was the excuse to hold on, to grab on this wood floating that had detached from the sinking boat. His brown eyes and dazzling smile would always flash in her mind like one of those lighting coloring the sky for a few seconds.

Laura hated storms, but oh she loved lightnings.

From a very young age, she was taught to despise herself and treat her soul recklessly. As the quiet and well mannered little girl that she had been raised to be, Laura listened to her mother and applied her orders nicely.

She couldn't be too loud.

She couldn't be too chatty.

She couldn't be thinking about boys.

She couldn't be eating.

Anaïs was a cold woman, one of those person that were once full of hope and joy and that life broke. She fell hard and when she got back on her feet, she decided that hate would be leading her if the hope wasn't showing up anymore.

And then Anaïs met him, his charming smile and his laugh that made her flutter, he made her nice for a few months, he made her love for a few years.

David was a wonderful man, one that a woman could only hope to have in her life. And every second of her life, Anaïs was convinced she didn't deserve him.

When Anaïs saw the two bars on the test on a Tuesday morning, her heartbeat stopped and her brain filled with thoughts. The idea of being able to build a family with the man of her dream gave her hope again.

Her dreamy thoughts build a castle of their own, one that could serve her, her boyfriend and their future kid. So they could all live happily ever after.