005

present day

"Your coffee."

"Thanks, babe," Yeonjun says sleepily, accepting the mug from Daeul as he attempts to wake up. The press tour for Cheap Kills has been, and will continue to be, nothing but exhausting. Not that press tours have ever been easy for him, but they've been worse lately because of the lack of stability in Yeonjun's home life.

Probably self-inflicted. But whatever.

"Have you thought about what my mom suggested?" Daeul asks as he perches on the armrest of the couch where Yeonjun is kipped, curled in a ball with sweater paws. Yeonjun yawns.

"Yeah," he says as the yawn fades. "If, uh..." Yeonjun shifts, careful not to spill his coffee. Daeul doesn't really make a good cup of coffee. All he does is put the pod in the machine and press BREW. Then he splashes some creamer in and calls it a day. The bare minimum. It was romantic to Yeonjun about a year ago, that Daeul would wake him up with a cup of hot coffee. Maybe he's just being ungrateful now.

"Well, don't sound so hesitant," Daeul teases, and then he hops off the armrest and promptly picks up the entire flower stand, moving it as far into the corner as possible. "Sorry. It's in my line of vision. Anyway, what do you think of what my mom said?"

"If you want to walk a red carpet with me, that's totally fine," Yeonjun replies with a soft smile, shaking his head to get his black hair out of his eyelashes. "I feel like that was just your mom telling you that you're working too much."

"Probably," Daeul sighs, glancing out the window wistfully like he's the CEO of LG Group already. Yeonjun twists his lips and lifts the coffee mug towards his mouth again. He really is handsome. It's a shame, Yeonjun thinks to himself tiredly. So handsome but so.... what is he?

What is he not, actually?

"I mean, it's not like you don't go out for dinner and drinks with your colleagues," Yeonjun says, but he regrets it immediately.

"Honey, hweshiks are a literal obligation. I can't say no to them," Daeul reminds Yeonjun, sounding impatient. "You know what work culture is like. Or maybe you don't. I don't know if actors have them, or if you've ever had to-anyway, doesn't matter."

"I feel like my hweshiks are a little different," Yeonjun teases lightly. "That reminds me-San wants to go to a karaoke at some point this week. I think  Beomgyu was gonna go, too. Thursday night, maybe. Or Wednesday. I don't know."

"Don't you have a schedule on Friday morning?" Daeul asks, and Yeonjun nods, sipping his coffee.

"Yeah. Tuesday is the meeting at the company because they have a new drama they want me in on," Yeonjun says, amused. Cheap Kills hasn't even debuted and he's already being recruited for another role. "And then Wednesday, uh... oh! Wednesday is just a round of interviews at the company. Vogue, W Magazine, that kind of thing. The circuit."

"And then the premiere is on Sunday, right?" Daeul asks as he pulls out his phone. "I should be able to make it to that. I think it would be great to go together. I'd love to see you on the big screen. It's been a while."

"It would be nice to have you there," Yeonjun says, but he doesn't mean it. He scratches his ribs directly over the calico cat tattoo, his eyes flicking subconsciously to the flowers that have been moved. He smooths down his hair over his left ear, and then he adds, "But yeah, I have a busy schedule this week. I think a night out with friends will be good."

"If it's Beomgyu and San, then it'll be very healing," Daeul replies, setting his hand on Yeonjun's shoulder and kissing the top of his head. "I'll go shower. Love you."