chapter 8: a doctor?

Beomgyu stood under the warm spray of the shower, feeling the tension slowly melt away from his muscles

Beomgyu stood under the warm spray of the shower, feeling the tension slowly melt away from his muscles. The gentle patter of water against his skin was soothing, and he took a moment to let himself relax, allowing the worries of the previous night to fade into the background.

As he washed away the remnants of sleep, Beomgyu couldn't shake the heaviness that still lingered in his chest. Thoughts of Yeonjun, sleeping soundly on the couch downstairs, tugged at his mind, reminding him of the responsibility he had taken on by offering the older a shelter.

After drying off and dressing in fresh clothes, Beomgyu ran a hand through his damp hair, trying to tame the unruly silver strands that stubbornly refused to cooperate.

With a sigh, Beomgyu made his way down the stairs, his footsteps echoing softly in the quiet house. As he reached the bottom, he glanced over at the couch where Yeonjun still slept, his form curled up beneath the blankets.

Checking the time on his phone, Beomgyu realized there were still two hours until his mom would arrive home from her night shift. He needed to make sure Yeonjun was gone by then, or his mother would be worried.

Approaching the couch, Beomgyu gently shook Yeonjun's shoulder, trying to rouse him from his slumber. "Hey, Yeonjun-ssi," he whispered, his voice soft. "It's time to wake up. You need to leave soon."

Beomgyu gently shook Yeonjun's shoulder, trying to rouse him from his slumber. However, Yeonjun seemed to be in a deep sleep, his breathing steady and undisturbed. Despite Beomgyu's efforts, Yeonjun remained unresponsive, his body seemingly reluctant to awaken.

Frowning slightly, Beomgyu tried again, this time with a firmer shake. "Yeonjun-ssi, wake up," he urged, his voice tinged with concern. Yeonjun merely shifted slightly in his sleep, his brow furrowing in discomfort, but still not waking up.

Growing increasingly worried, Beomgyu gently called Yeonjun's name, hoping to coax him out of his slumber. "Hey, it's time to wake up," he said softly, his tone gentle yet insistent. But Yeonjun remained stubbornly asleep, his breathing steady and uninterrupted.

Frustration mounting, Beomgyu tried one last time, giving Yeonjun a slightly stronger shake. This time, Yeonjun stirred, his eyelids fluttering as he began to rouse from his sleep. After a few moments of grogginess, he finally opened his eyes, blinking blearily as he took in his surroundings.

It was then that his eyes went dramatically wide. His initial confusion quickly turned to instictive anger as he took in his surroundings and saw Beomgyu's face hovering above him.

"What the fuck?" Yeonjun spat, his voice harsh and accusatory as he scrambled to jump off the couch, but leaned against the table immediately when a horrible wave of dizziness washed over him and caused him to lose his balance.

"Please, don't freak out," Beomgyu said anxiously, hoping Yeonjun would listen, "Last night you were very drunk and didn't want to go home, so I helped you and brought your here," Beomgyu remarked, but Yeonjun was saying nothing. He was just leaning against the table and rubbing his forehead intensely as if trying to soothe a headache. Beomgyu got worried at his condition, not really knowing what to do, "Are you ok - "