chapter 14: a newfound comfort

The sun peeked through the curtains, signaling the start of a new day

The sun peeked through the curtains, signaling the start of a new day. Beomgyu's alarm beeped insistently, prompting him to groggily rise from bed and start his morning routine. After a quick shower and breakfast, he headed out the door, ready to face another day at work.

As Beomgyu arrived at the flower shop, he was greeted by the familiar sight of colorful blooms and the sweet accent of fresh flowers. Huening Kai was already there, arranging a bouquet with practiced ease.

"Morning, Beomgyu hyung!" Huening Kai called out cheerfully as soon as he saw the older entering the shop, and flashed him a bright smile as he looked up from his work.

"Morning, Kai," Beomgyu replied with a grin, feeling a sense of camaraderie with his friend.

Beomgyu took off his coat and got ready to join his friend. He was full of energy and enthusiasm, something he had been struggling to feel lately. As the two worked side by side, Beomgyu and Huening Kai engaged in lively chatter, their voices filling the shop with warm joy and energy.

"Hey, hyung, did you hear about that new flower shipment coming in tomorrow?" Huening Kai asked, his eyes lighting up with excitement.

"Yeah, I heard about it," Beomgyu replied, a grin spreading across his face. "I can't wait to see what new varieties we'll have."

Together, they set about their tasks for the day, preparing bouquets, restocking shelves, and assisting customers as needed.

Then suddenly Beomgyu's phone clicked, snapping both their attention to it.

Beomgyu instantly ran to the counter where he had left his phone, not even noticing the weird look Huening Kai gave him at the excitement he showed. His heart skipped a beat as he glanced down at the device, a smile tugging at the corners of his lips at the sight of Yeonjun's name. With a soft, but eager chuckle, he unlocked his phone hurriedly and opened the message with exhilarating curiosity glimmering in his eyes.

From: yeonjunnie hyung 🥰❤

"I'm very sleepless. I suffer from severe insomnia."

Beomgyu couldn't help but pout slightly at the information he already had known, his fingers tapping out a response.

To: yeonjunnie hyung 🥰❤

"I'm sorry to hear that, but you could have said hello first."

Beomgyu's breath hitched in his throat as he read Yeonjun's response, his cheeks flushing with warmth at the unexpected sweetness of the message.

From: yeonjunnie hyung 🥰❤

"But the night before yesterday, I slept for the first time in a while because I was listening to your heart."