chapter 16: meeting the old friend

As Yeonjun sat in the backyard of his house, the early morning sun cast a golden glow across the sky, painting it in hues of soft pink and red

As Yeonjun sat in the backyard of his house, the early morning sun cast a golden glow across the sky, painting it in hues of soft pink and red. The soft breeze whispered through the trees, carrying with it the faint scent of spring flowers in bloom. The air was filled with a sense of tranquility, a quiet calm that wrapped around Yeonjun in a comforting embrace.

As he gazed up at the vast expanse of the sky, a pang of sadness washed over him, mingling with the nostalgia that tugged at his heartstrings. The memories of happy times from the past danced at the edges of his mind, memories of laughter and joy that felt like distant echoes now.

"Hyung, isn't it amazing? Just look at how the sun paints the sky in hues of orange and pink! It's like a masterpiece, right here in our backyard!"

Yeonjun could still see Soobin's wide grin in the depths of his mind where the shadows of the past loomed. His eyes were sparkling with childlike wonder which had been etched into Yeonjun's memory with unwavering clarity.m since then.

He could vividly recall the day they spent together in the backyard, the sun casting a golden hue over the lush greenery. Soobin, despite his illness, radiated boundless energy and joy, his childlike wonder infectious to everything around him, including Yeonjun.

As Yeonjun watched, a soft smile tugged at the corners of his lips. Soobin was like a burst of sunshine, his laughter ringing out like music amidst the gentle rustle of leaves and the sweet fragrance of flowers.

"Come on, hyung!" Soobin exclaimed, his voice filled with excitement as he bounded through the grass, his movements light and graceful despite the weight of his illness. "Let's play tag!"

Yeonjun couldn't help but chuckle at Soobin's enthusiasm, his heart swelling with affection for the spirited young man before him. "Alright, Soobin-ah," he replied, his voice warm with affection. "But you have to catch me first!"

With a mischievous grin, Soobin took off instead, his laughter trailing behind him like a melody. Acting mad, Yeonjun chased after him, the cares of the world fading away as they lost themselves in the simple joy of companionship and laughter.

As Soobin darted through the grass, his laughter echoed through the air, a symphony of joy that lifted Yeonjun's spirits. With each step, he reveled in the simple pleasure of movement, his heart soaring with the freedom of the moment.

Yeonjun followed close behind, his own laughter mingling with Soobin's as they weaved between the trees, the sunlight dappling their path with golden hues. Despite the weight of Soobin's illness, there was a lightness to his movements, a grace that belied his fragile health.

"Hyung, you're too slow!" Soobin called out teasingly over his shoulder, his eyes alight with mischief as he glanced back at Yeonjun.

Yeonjun chuckled, picking up his pace to close the gap between them. "I'm not as young as you, Soobin-ah," he replied with mock indignation, his eyes twinkling with affection.